Psp Europe Launch Delayed For Months!!!!

Actually I do... I posted about it in my other thread, but i guess no one is reading that thread anymore.... anyways I'll just quote it here for you, including the info about the second shipment:

bast525 posted on Mar 19 2005 at 03:24 AM said:
by the way, all the gamestop's (in my area, at least) HAVE already recieved their shipments of the actual PSP systems already. Of course, they aren't selling them yet.

Also, my friend there did confirm they ARE going to do a midnight release (thursday 12:00 AM, open until probably 2:00 AM he said), and they ONLY have enough to cover their reservations... no reserve, no PSP. At least... not at midnight....

However, they also told me there is already a second shipment scheduled to arrive on release day (during the daytime of course) or possibly the day after, so it's possible that non reserve customers may still be able to pick one up that day or the next day.

My friend pulled one out to show me and the boxes for the US systems are almost identical to the boxes for the Japanese ones, which I think is a good thing as I liked the Japanese boxes a lot.

And yes before anyone asks me he was not pulling my leg, I did actually hold the box, it wasn't just an empty box, and unlike the Japanese ones, the US ones do come sealed with a strip of clear tape over the lid.

Last edited by a moderator:
kotd posted on Mar 19 2005 at 11:28 AM said:
yeah we in Aus ain't got no import tax for items under $500 :D

That's not exactly correct. Many people think the Australian rate is flat $500 but it's not.

If you get items sent using a courier service such as DHL or FedEx then the amount is only $250 before you'll pay customs tax on it.
If however an item is sent through the normal airmail then the tax free thresh-hold is $1000.

This information is on the Australian customs site www.customs.gov.au.

GBAX give a good service but their prices are very misleading, dont forget to add VAT on top of what is said on the mains site and im not sure if the 24 hour shipping is free cause it say it costs £5 below, plus there isnt an option to NOT have it delivered in24hrs thaat i saw. So the normal PSP pack with Ridge Racers is not £200 it is in fact £240:

Items in Cart: 1 x Sony PSP with Ridge Racer (UK)

Total Products Price: £ 199.89

VAT: £ 34.98 (17.5%)

Postage & Packing (24 hour special delivery) £ 4.25

Total Price: £ 239.12 ($ 449.54 - Euro 337.15)

This isnt the value pack but yes u do get the game with it, effectively you are paying £30-40 extra to have to have the console a few months earlier, plus GBAX are great with customer service if u have any problems plus its easy to send back to them if u live in UK or even EU. Worth it in my opinion but thought i would let people know. That added can VAT jumps massivly if u add a 256MB card costing £35. The total price then is £280, a big jump.

Also if craig reads this or anyone knows whether these PSP's are imported from USA or Japan would be nice to know.

White Demon posted on Mar 20 2005 at 12:16 PM said:
kotd posted on Mar 19 2005 at 11:28 AM said:
yeah we in Aus ain't got no import tax for items under $500 :D

That's not exactly correct. Many people think the Australian rate is flat $500 but it's not.

If you get items sent using a courier service such as DHL or FedEx then the amount is only $250 before you'll pay customs tax on it.
If however an item is sent through the normal airmail then the tax free thresh-hold is $1000.

This information is on the Australian customs site www.customs.gov.au.

Ah I see thanks for the info. $1000 eh hmmm

Back