Psp On Psm2 Mags Dvd

i must say that what ive seen form psp looks alot better than the ds and i just have a feeling that sony may do to nintendo what they did to sega

CABBAGES - http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=12934

I'm still going to stick with the DS on this one. I already have a PS2, and I don't want to shell out whatever it is that the PSP is going to cost just for a handheld. I'm sticking with the DS in hopes for getting many N64 ports onto the DS (I would much rather have N64 games on my DS than PS2 games on my PSP).

Last edited by a moderator:
Azure posted on Jul 31 2004 at 09:49 PM said:

I'm still going to stick with the DS on this one. I already have a PS2, and I don't want to shell out whatever it is that the PSP is going to cost just for a handheld. I'm sticking with the DS in hopes for getting many N64 ports onto the DS (I would much rather have N64 games on my DS than PS2 games on my PSP).
Same here, as long as they dont go for the pen thing as a control mechanism every time.

trying not to let my nintendo bias get in the way ;) but i really DONT like the new DS design. the earlier one looked much better.
i will probably get a PSP because so far i have not seen any DS games worth playing, while PSP will have lots that i am looking foward to (see last month's EGM, there was a launch title list that was definitley in favor of the PSP). I'm not really a sony person either, i mean, i am JUST NOW getting a PS2, but the 2 screen gimmick doesnt really look all that apealling. plus, the PSP, aside from the uncovered screen, IMO has a much sleeker, sexier design.

AND IT'S BLACK!!!

Yeah, and there'll also be that MarioKart game, Metroid Prime, Super Mario 64x4 (Pronounce it sixty-four by four damn it! Not sixty-four "x" four)...but I must admit, the PSP will also have some nice titles.

well, I don't like Nintendo....
SO the PSP will eventually take over....
Who the hell needs 2 screens anyway....puuuulease.

Anyway...I am a GP32 4 ever thype person ...so I doubt if I even get a PSP until it comes down in price to around 150-200

The 2 screens are supposed to provide the user with extra information that cannot always be shown on one screen without taking up too much space. It's not a bad idea. Nintendo seems to be using it pretty well for maps, different views, info, and other things.

Anyone want to see this psm2 dvd ? coz i just got a tv card the other day and i just managed to get ,y ps2 workin through it :D and even sound even though the input socket for sound isn righ tfor the phone plug but ive jammed it in using a box and a coke bottle (im serious by the way) i can send it as a webcam on msn if yo uknow what i mean :D

hmmm im not sure how well the PSP will do ....
and now for my reasoning

PSP price (according to the E3 special of gamer TV on Bravo ) will start at around $300 , thats the price of a new CONSOLE

DS price ( according to same tv Show ) $150 same as previous Handheld Nintendo consoles

next up the hardware-

Psp nicely presented a good number of buttons . screen is open to scratching and media usage is good with the UMD discs

DS Clam shell design for smaller portabilty , also protects the screen , A good number of buttons with the potentian for an unlimeted amount due to touch screen (Super usefull in anyform of tactics or stratergie game , im not to keen on the sonic gimic though )

Software -
Sony are showing MGS GT4 and have even mentioned an exclusive Final Fantasy title ( Dam you S-E *shakes fist* ) but ive yet to them show and New titles (also the GT4 is VERY cut down )

Nintendo are offering Remakes and ports of Popular N64 titles (id love to see goldeneye ) and also offering ALOT of new titles , Metroid prime , Most likely some very nice Zelda titles.

I would like to say it would be a very close race, but the PSP price is way over the heads of the target handheld gamers price. I dont many adults that would even consider playing my GP32 or my GBA SP due to screen size and small controls .

And i doubt many parents will pay $300 for such a small Christmas present , maybe they will drop its price before release ( like Nintendo did with the GCN in the UK )

my moneys on Ninty for this one . Ill just need a PSP emu so i can get my greasy mits on that FF game ^_^;;

thats my 2 pennys

Azure posted on Jul 31 2004 at 08:49 PM

Its not actually ps2 games they are games made for the psp

CABBAGES posted on Jul 31 2004 at 03:01 PM said:
Azure posted on Jul 31 2004 at 08:49 PM

Its not actually ps2 games they are games made for the psp
Well, they're like PS2 games, just like the DS games are like N64 games.

Back