Psp

Website
Visit site
My psp has a broken joystick. I need to take it apart but the psp has 2 stuck screws on it. So now I can't even take off the back case. Does anyone have any suggestions to take out those screws?

Sorry, can't help with this one. But thanks for the advice with the M3 adapter and passrd. I am now having such fun on the DS!!!!

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Aug 9 2006 at 06:08 PM said:
you are welcome for the help. I have no problem helping you or anybody else.Just give me a PM if you need help!

yes id like some help as regards to playing homebrew on my ds lite, but even though ive searched the net i cant find anthing that tells me exactly what i need, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Aug 9 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
It seems that the screws are striped. any help?

The screws are stripped as in they are just spinning when you turn the screw or the screw head is stripped so the screw driver cant get a grip??

if the head is stripped, just dremel the screw so a flat screw driver will work :)

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Aug 13 2006 at 02:59 PM said:
I cant get a grip on them. What do you mean by dremel the screw? sorry not that experienced!
a "Dremmel" is a tiny circular saw, I think what he's sugesting is cutting new threads in the top of the screws so you can use a small flat bladed screwdriver to remove them.

You are aware that the joystick just pulls right off? So if you have got a replacement just pull it off and put the new one back on.

That is unless you are actually talking about the joystick mechanism, in which case, yeah, dremel it.

Nova posted on Aug 15 2006 at 05:14 PM said:
You are aware that the joystick just pulls right off? So if you have got a replacement just pull it off and put the new one back on.

That is unless you are actually talking about the joystick mechanism, in which case, yeah, dremel it.

I am talking about the joystick mechanism.

Which screws are they?

If your out of options, there is one last thing you can try. Hold a soldering iron on the top of the screw head for a bit, and you can just pull the case apart after they heat up. Just do this little by little on each screw. This only works if you can get a soldering iron in there, and will probaly require you do use slightly bigger screws to put it back together. This is ONLY a last resort.

it is the one under the battery, top left one. And the screw on the bottom right corner with all the plastic around it. I will try to see if my iron fits in it. I think it is too big though.

man be careful, make sure u have a really small phillips head, the actual component shouldnt be to hard to replace as its only two screws,

i recently attached a faceplate to my psp and those screws are a bastard, just dont wear out the damn things.

Psps are far too easy to break IMO. I've lost my analog cap and scratched the screen to hell. Where can I buy a new analog cap anyways?

Goity posted on Aug 20 2006 at 10:58 AM said:
Psps are far too easy to break IMO. I've lost my analog cap and scratched the screen to hell. Where can I buy a new analog cap anyways?
I stole the cap on the demo psp in the store. They pop right off ;)

Back