Stripped Small Screw On Psp

T

Thomas Dequinas

Anyone ever stripped a screw taking apart the PSP? I stripped one of the silver scres on the right side when you remove the battery with the wrong screw. I found the right one and it didn't seem that badly damaged so tried to keep unscrewing that one with it and made it worse. Well I got all the other screws with it off but this one just won't come off anymore so anyone know a good way to remove small stripped screws like this?

I mainly did this as I saw that there was a screw that could cause the UMD tray to appear a bit crooked and mine sorta does. So yeah I know, quite a minor thing but bugs me anyway.

Well that sucks, almost did that with the old DS. Had an idea to super glue a small screwdriver to the screw and try unscrewing it.

Ok. I'm not responsible if you horribly maim your psp... which hopefully wont happen if you stick your drill in the right place. What you can do is to take a drill bit and carefully drill into the screw until the head comes off. at which point you can attempt to get the scew out and replace it. That is, by inching the connected pieces apart.

No loubear, it's a tiny screw. Additionally, your idea only works if you have a device such as a Grabit drill bit.

Do NOT attempt to do what he said. You will either damage the unit or drill into the screw head, thus breaking it off completely- and then you're really screwed.

get a Dremel and cut a | in it so you can use a flat headed screwdriver ;)

OR, get some of that Epoxy Resin glue that you mix together and it dries rock hard put it in the screw head and put your screw driver in it and let it set hard. Now pray and undo it :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try one of those options Steve-O. Is it also jsut me or anyone else really have a crooked-ish UMD tray when it's closed? I've just read in a tutorial that there's a screw in the mobo that causes it on some systems.

Shadow of Chaos posted on Mar 17 2007 at 02:03 AM said:
lol doh shitted yous pig

so PIGnut now became cross threaded

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!!!!!!!! :(

I really don't get this weird language-thing, it's fagged.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think one side of my umd tray (the left) has a gap liek somethin is pushing it out but i dont really care as it works fine. And if you rememebr from aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago the thread about my brother stealing some of my stuff then me getting it back but the on off switch was broken :(. So my psp is rather fecked but still works fine all i need is a pen or a small pointy thing or even memory stick to turn it on as i have no switch :(.

So really my advice is put the other screws in and leave that screw alone there is nothing wrong with yrou psp you are just a bit mental like those people with ocd or whatever its called :p

Yes the cooker is off and yes you did lock the front door.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 16 2007 at 10:56 PM said:
No loubear, it's a tiny screw. Additionally, your idea only works if you have a device such as a Grabit drill bit.

Do NOT attempt to do what he said. You will either damage the unit or drill into the screw head, thus breaking it off completely- and then you're really screwed.

Actually, what I was suggesting was to actually drill the screw head and part of the screw out, so you can take the two connected pieces apart and replace it with a replacement screw. It's actually important that it's tiny and isn't meant to hold the pieces together with tons of force... But the best course of action is to leave it be if you don't need to take it out.

Loubear posted on Mar 18 2007 at 09:10 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 16 2007 at 10:56 PM said:

Actually, what I was suggesting was to actually drill the screw head and part of the screw out, so you can take the two connected pieces apart and replace it with a replacement screw. It's actually important that it's tiny and isn't meant to hold the pieces together with tons of force... But the best course of action is to leave it be if you don't need to take it out.
What? I don't know what you're talking about. Are you implying that you 'drill' as in literally use a drill bit? Or drill as in use a drill but use a screwdriver head? I know what I just said sounds strange but people refer to something as a drill even if it's basically an electric screwdriver.

Either way, I sincerely don't think you know what you're talking about. ;)

What he's saying is to drill (yes, drill) into the screwhead so it is literally turned to dust meaning you can just pull the two halves apart (as there is no head) and replace the screw entirely. I've done it with rivets before, it should work as long as you're careful.

Orkie posted on Mar 19 2007 at 06:56 AM said:
What he's saying is to drill (yes, drill) into the screwhead so it is literally turned to dust meaning you can just pull the two halves apart (as there is no head) and replace the screw entirely. I've done it with rivets before, it should work as long as you're careful.
Ah. Well, you'll most certainly slip with the drill and damage your unit ;)

Calmy place your drill down in front of you, put your hands visible above your head, and back away from your PSP.

Back