Psx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roms for psx are pretty hard to come by, ive resorted to ripping them The local blockbuster where i live has loads and they sell for about 2 pounds

little offtopic, but a point on English language ... :)

Why are people calling Roms stuff that are NOT romdumps ???

I mean , Roms can be a proper word for dumps of games on cartridges or rom memory.
but Psx used CDs , so it should be called Iso , and many computers used disks so why people call it "rom" anyway ?

Concerning your question : you should make Iso files from you own collection of playstation games. Otherwise (if you dont own the games) it s piracy (which of course is illegal and contrary to the rules of this forum).

(although this topic is argued evrynow and then here)

I'm trying to rip RE3 but I'm on the last stage of putting the files into a Bin using Mode2 CD(Something like that it's called). The problem is, every time I click the button to start the operation, I get a "Can't find mode2cd.exe, please place it in the GUI"(Something like that). Can any one help?

Yeah, listen to DuFace, the internet is your friend! Don't be a dumbass, use it! :D

There are plenty of sites that can get you what you want if you find them. But to be honest the easy way is actually buying them most of the time.

you cant ask where to find roms or iso's here, try asking people on a playstation newsgroup if they know where to find them

Qingdan posted on Feb 5 2006 at 04:11 PM said:

I mean , Roms can be a proper word for dumps of games on cartridges or rom memory.
but Psx used CDs , so it should be called Iso , and many computers used disks so why people call it "rom" anyway ?
CD = CD-ROM = Compact Disc Read-Only Memory. It's a rom, just not from a cartridge. Please stop this nonsense.

The only thing that's possibly exempt from being called a rom are disk images for systems such as commodore or famicom. But even then it doesn't matter, since it's still program data.

Furthermore, why should images from systems such as PSX be called ISOs? ISO is just the acronym for the International Standards Organisation, a generic technological group that makes all kinds of standards for use throughout the world. Files with an .ISO extension are just usually ripped CD files that conform with the ISO 9660 File System Standard for CD-ROMs. Looks like you got wrapped up in a little English quirk yourself, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Feb 5 2006 at 10:44 PM said:

CD = CD-ROM = Compact Disc Read-Only Memory. It's a rom, just not from a cartridge. Please stop this nonsense.

The only thing that's possibly exempt from being called a rom are disk images for systems such as commodore or famicom. But even then it doesn't matter, since it's still program data.

Furthermore, why should images from systems such as PSX be called ISOs? ISO is just the acronym for the International Standards Organisation, a generic technological group that makes all kinds of standards for use throughout the world. Files with an .ISO extension are just usually ripped CD files that conform with the ISO 9660 File System Standard for CD-ROMs. Looks like you got wrapped up in a little English quirk yourself, huh?
Ah yes. Fact meticuosly hidden in a mass of flame.

dpoarch posted on Feb 5 2006 at 09:04 PM said:
not allowed to ask for roms on the boards

He did not ask for ROMS :)

Hanz™ posted on Feb 5 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
iignotus posted on Feb 5 2006 at 10:44 PM said:

Ah yes. Fact meticuosly hidden in a mass of flame.
I don't see any flames around here... :huh: no name-calling or anything... however, I do notice that you always seem to make comments about other peoples' posts being flames. Do you have any reason for continuously attempting to incite arguments?

lol2232 posted on Feb 5 2006 at 05:04 PM said:
dpoarch posted on Feb 5 2006 at 09:04 PM said:
not allowed to ask for roms on the boards

He did not ask for ROMS :)
Claym99 posted on Feb 5 2006 at 04:01 PM said:
Where does everyone get there roms for it online?
So... asking for ROM locations isn't the same as asking for ROMS? :rolleyes:

Give me roms =|= Give me rom sites. In theory, anyways.

For PSX, torrents have been usefull. Sorta a gust of wing, if I recall correctly. :p Torrents themselves aren't illegal, similarly as FTP or e-mail isn't illegal. However, since most torrent sites include illegal, copyrighted content, like warez, .iso's and other media, I won't disclose any names of sites. Just google it. :p

well well well
now, asking for rom locations is not good. but asking for a rom SITE is good, what u think the people at wikipedia would do, not document it? You can look at anything if its to do with education. For example you could be doing an essay on illegal activities, i mean, if i said "hey, anyone know where i can buy some weed in denmark?" if i said "hey, anyone know where i can buy soem weed in england?" then the latter would be not good.
Its a strange world.

If you would like to SEE where not good things are got from, try and look up the mule that begins with an E aswell. if not, try contacting a burner! PLUS, you can download all the roms you want aslong as you got the game yourselves and cant be arsed to rip them or dont have a burner handy.
www.mame-burner.co.uk great site, i got all my greatness from there, check it out! excellent for anything beginning with E and ending with MULATOR!

ooh ooh! SSHHH!! Dont tell anyone this! Go to google and write in mame ftp pleasuredome and have an amazing time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back