psx4pandora question

Can't think of anything open source. Only things I know of that can open ccd files are in the Widnows world. One suggestion is to boot into Windows (however you choose to do so), install Daemon Tools, mount the ccd file, and re-rip the "CD" to a bin/cue.

edit: never heard of mdf mds files. A quick google search doesn't tell me whether it supports subchannel data or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
good call, damummy.... as rare as that format has been in my experience, it would be nice for someone knowledgeable on that one to chime in...

Only things I know of that can open ccd files are in the Widnows world.
CDemu can, at least they list it as a supported file format, I haven't tried it myself, yet. It also supports other rather uncommon formats like .nrg, .cdi, .toc, .cif, .c2d, and .daa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think .daa is very common in the MAC world... I've seen it almost as frequent as .dmg and most programs I found in windows (back in the day when I actually used it) supported both .daa and .dmg... from what I remember.

ok, so we scratch that last option... seems so far that bin/cue is the best option all around... I've always been weary of it because I never know what would happen if you lost that cue file... which can happen after being transfered so many times... you just happen to forget it (especially since it doesn't come with an icon in most distros, so at first glance it's written off as a readme text file before actually seeing it's filename...

cue files are easy to make out of a simple txt file, now i see the problem is that i have a few mdf mds psx roms, and if they wont work on psxpandora im going to have to find a way to convery to iso/img/cuebin, any ideas anyone before i do trial and error through google?

cue files point to positions in the bin file as different tracks; you can't just create a new one. If you've lost the cue file, it's nearly impossible to rebuild the track information, meaning the bin file is basically worthless.

well, stan.... that kinds of makes me leary of cue/bin... just a little... my first suggestion for DaMummy would be to read up on acetone iso (might be acetoneiso or acetoniso) and see what options it has... I know it handles more than a few formats... also, if you're willing to deal with Windows, MagicISO or UltraISO should do the trick for you... never seen FOSS counterparts to those two progs (besides acetoneISO, that I can remember) though...

well, stan.... that kinds of makes me leary of cue/bin... just a little...
Leery or not, it's basically the only way to do it: one file is a raw data dump of the CD, and the second file describes what the data actually means. If you can find a format that is single file and does everything, I'll help endorse it. Everything that currently exists discards too much information to be 1:1 compatible.

when I find one, I'll let you know and you can fund... I mean endorse it. looks like I'll be up to a bit of re-ripping for a while... curious, would it be difficult for psx4pandora to run zipped files? not worried about compression ratio so much as single file usability. Worse case scenario, I can just zip for storage purposes and unzip for use... whatever works :D

That command line in Linux looks nice and easy, I wonder if my ps3 with YDLinux installed could do this, if I had a ps1 disc in the ps3 bluray drive, anyone know?

Else I will find a windows tool to convert to .bin/.cue

also, what do you need to do in order to make the convertion compatible with psx4pandora? The emu always require specific versions eh, like 0.37b or whatever

That command line in Linux looks nice and easy, I wonder if my ps3 with YDLinux installed could do this, if I had a ps1 disc in the ps3 bluray drive, anyone know?
If it's a regular Linux distro, I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work. :)

also, what do you need to do in order to make the convertion compatible with psx4pandora? The emu always require specific versions eh, like 0.37b or whatever
Just rip it as per the instructions, and the games should work (unless they happen to simply be incompatible, of course). The "0.37b" thing is something to do with MAME4All - thankfully all of that craziness has no bearing on ripping your PlayStation CDs. ;)

Back