Psx4Pandora

Yep it has runs not too bad only running at 500MHZ Ridge racer seems like it's bit over half speed. Sorry about shit pic Iphone :p

RRPSX.jpg

zodttd said:
Hi everyone,

With tons of pressure built up as Pandora's are making their way to people here, I must be honest in saying I've been way behind in psx4pandora development. I have spent the past while working on it though.

While I chat, download the PND file (approval probably coming shortly for the appstore) here:
http://www.zodttd.com/downloads/psx4pandora.pnd

---- SNIP ------

What needs work:
1. The menu system! There's a command line interface available though for a frontend if available.
2. Audio. I'm not buffering it properly. Will fix.

What may be broken:
1. Loading/Saving via memory cards. Let me know!
2. Loading/Saving via save states. Wouldn't be surprised atm, but let me know.
3. Frameskip causing flickering and odd graphic glitches. This is a known issue and is due to skipping the rendering of elements used in double buffering.

Bring on the feedback and let's get this polished up.

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Although I think general questions and discussions should remain in this thread, and the beta one for actual user feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the one I've been waiting for. If N64 or Dreamcast comes about that will be cool but I really have been excited about PSX. Hope to see it get better, can't wait to play Crash Bandicoot and Castlevania!

It runs most stuff I've tested full speed as ED said in the other thread at 750MHZ OC. Sounds issues and no scaling yet but looks very promising so early in the game.

Street Fighter EX2 700MHZ almost full speed

Looks like SF uses a diff resolution here

SFEXP2.jpg

joshwaan2k said:
It runs most stuff I've tested full speed as ED said in the other thread at 750MHZ OC. Sounds issues and no scaling yet but looks very promising so early in the game.

I'm personally having a lot of trouble getting it to open anything; keeps crashing in the file select menu.

im on zodttd.com every single morning, looking for a new post - i dot seen anything about this, or even Pandora[?]

excellent news anyway, that Ridge Racer, why so small in the corner?
Is this just while its in development still? ...once its running faster and more reliably then the overall size will be increased?

KURUSHI!
Pleeeeeeeease!
I d/l it for my psx4iphone but its a bit slow

edit: just see that SF image, full[er] screen too - this is all sounding promising :)

zodttd, you ROCK! Don't worry, we will all report bugs, so hopefully this will be the best Emu for the Pandora in short order. I'm grabbing my Policenauts iso's right now. Do you know if 2 disc games allow for a swap?

Chris

Fzero said:
im on zodttd.com every single morning, looking for a new post - i dot seen anything about this, or even Pandora[?]

excellent news anyway, that Ridge Racer, why so small in the corner?
Is this just while its in development still? ...once its running faster and more reliably then the overall size will be increased?
--- SNIP ---
edit: just see that SF image, full[er] screen too - this is all sounding promising :)
Size of image - Scaling isn't being applied yet.
Also no GPU acceleration, no filtering, etc.
So loads to do.
But for a first beta, looking very good.

jumpman said:
zodttd, you ROCK! Don't worry, we will all report bugs, so hopefully this will be the best Emu for the Pandora in short order. I'm grabbing my Policenauts iso's right now. Do you know if 2 disc games allow for a swap?

Chris
I love Policenauts, are you gonna make a vid of it running on Pandora?

Didn't we have video of a PSX emulator running too fast because it didn't have frame limiting? I'm assuming since people are overclocking and still not getting full speed that that one is not this one, so what happened to it?

Hmmm. I tried loading both the PSX ISOs I had on hand, Diablo and King's Field, from my SDHC card and got "LOAD FAILED" in both instances. Also, does this emulator require a copy of the PSX BIOS? If so, where does it go?

Kintel said:
Hmmm. I tried loading both the PSX ISOs I had on hand, Diablo and King's Field, from my SDHC card and got "LOAD FAILED" in both instances. Also, does this emulator require a copy of the PSX BIOS? If so, where does it go?

Have a look to the PSX thread in the beta test sub-forum : Zod posted instruction there.

@WizardStan : Tinnus lost his work with an hard-drive failure....

sebt3 said:
@WizardStan : Tinnus lost his work with an hard-drive failure....
Yeah, caught that in the other thread and was about to come back here :p
Thanks.

Back