Psycho Pinball (genesis)

claus

Website
Visit site
Psycho Pinball (Genesis version pinball game, playable on DrMD 4.1)

Psycho Pinball is a great pinball game that is a lot like Pinball Dreams. There are 4 different boards to choose from: The Abyss (Aquatic theme)
Trick or Treat (Horror theme)
Wild West (Western theme)
Psycho (circus theme)

Gameplay: 8

The gameplay is a lot like the gameplay in Pinball Dreams. The game is just faster but you can slow it by changing the speed. There are 5 different game speeds to choose from: very slow, slow, normal, fast and psycho.

Graphics: 8

The graphics is nice, almost as good as the graphics in Pinball Dreams. Good colourful and detailed animations to give each theme, there unique looks.

Sound: 7

The sound and music is ok. The sound effects are good but there aren’t a lot of variations in the music tracks, so it can get a little boring after playing a while, but each table has it’s own track that fits the theme and the music do change a little sometimes, when you are in a bonus mode.

Overall: 8

This game is great and it plays perfect on DrMD 4.1. So if you like pinball games like Pinball Dreams and want to try something else or somehow aren’t capable of buying it. Then you might be interested in this game.

Claus

Nice review. :)

Yeah, this game looks great for a Genesis title. It's also cool that you can go from board to board during a single game. I prefer playing with the speed set to v slow; otherwise the ball seems a bit jumpy.

Your review is makes Psycho Pinball tempting

I may have to find a copy (and possibly an original cart for my collection if I like it)

Thanks

Thanks for the "tip off" I am always looking for new games to play, as I don't know too many other Mega Drive games outside of Sonic, LOL. Just out of curiosity, Pinball Dreams was only available by download from the official Korean GP32 site right??? In other words it was never in a fisical "cartridge" was it???? If this is right, I'm wondering what that makes its "status" as far as being able to ask where (if anywhere) to find it on the net?????? This is only a hypothetical question, I'm not asking where, just if it would be okay to ask where. H.G.

You're correct--there was no boxed version. Pretty much the only way to get your hands on Pinball Dreams for the GP32 nowadays is to play the demo on gp32x.de or download the SNES rom, which runs pretty decent on oSNES9x. ;)

You're correct--there was no boxed version. Pretty much the only way to get your hands on Pinball Dreams for the GP32 nowadays is to play the demo on gp32x.de or download the SNES rom, which runs pretty decent on oSNES9x. ;)

Thanks for the info, H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved this game.

One of the things I thought was really cool was that the Psycho table is a multi table game. By progressing on Psycho you access the other 3 tables. And when you loose on them, you come back to the psycho table and continue your game, neat!

Nice review, very straight to the point!

Just out of curiosity, Pinball Dreams was only available by download from the official Korean GP32 site right??? In other words it was never in a fisical "cartridge" was it???? If this is right, I'm wondering what that makes its "status" as far as being able to ask where (if anywhere) to find it on the net?????? This is only a hypothetical question, I'm not asking where, just if it would be okay to ask where. H.G.

I don't remember where i bought it, but bought some credits from lik-sang to pay for the dawnload.
Claus

Just out of curiosity, Pinball  Dreams was only available by download from the official Korean GP32 site right???  In other words it was never in a fisical "cartridge" was it????  If this is right, I'm wondering what that makes its "status" as far as being able to ask where (if anywhere) to find it on the net??????  This is only a hypothetical question, I'm not asking where, just if it would be okay to ask where.  H.G.

I don't remember where i bought it, but bought some credits from lik-sang to pay for the dawnload.
Claus

You're right, I bought mine off Lik-Sang, and I had to register my GP32 first.

[You're right, I bought mine off Lik-Sang, and I had to register my GP32 first.

So does that mean that "some where out there" on the net the game could still be "floating around"???? I've heard such great things about it, and also that it's not offered at the official site any more, so I'm still wondering about it. P.S. Is it okay to ask where it might be, LOLOL, H.G. :D :D :D :D :D

[You're right, I bought mine off Lik-Sang, and I had to register my GP32 first.

So does that mean that "some where out there" on the net the game could still be "floating around"???? I've heard such great things about it, and also that it's not offered at the official site any more, so I'm still wondering about it. P.S. Is it okay to ask where it might be, LOLOL, H.G. :D :D :D :D :D

Ah, I think I know what you're asking, but am I right in thinking that the version I downloaded will only work on my GP32 as I had to register my GP32 before I could download it..... Or is that a lot of rubbish to put people off sharing games...

The thing is, if it is now unavailable, would it be considered immoral for someone to share the game with others?

Comments please.....

Ah, I think I know what you're asking, but am I right in thinking that the version I downloaded will only work on my GP32 as I had to register my GP32 before I could download it..... Or is that a lot of rubbish to put people off sharing games...

The thing is, if it is now unavailable, would it be considered immoral for someone to share the game with others?

Comments please.....

LOL, actually I hadn't thought of that WarmFluffyUK, but now that you've given me the idea...................... ;) As far as the first "technical question" I'm checking it out with the "experts" as we speak. As far as the second question, I guess it's up to each individual person to decide. However I would add, that if someone has the original game, they did pay for it, so by rights it's THEIRS, and they can do with it what they want (like share for example, LOL). But that's just my personal belief on the subject. H.G.
P.S. "Mom always said it was nice to share............" LOL ;)

This is the best Pinball game on the Genesis! It's almost as good as Devil's Cru on PCEngine! I found that it plays very smooth with FS 0 as opposed to AUTO.

This is the best Pinball game on the Genesis! It's almost as good as Devil's Cru on PCEngine! I found that it plays very smooth with FS 0 as opposed to AUTO.

What speed do you play it at????? I find that at 144HZ, it goes too fast for me. I don't know if it's the game or I'm just out of practice, LOL, H.G.

Back