Purchasing Pandora in the US?

usurp

Still Fresh
Hey guys, I clicked on Buy Now on the main page but I couldn't find the US store. Am I missing something here? Also is the second batch of Pandoras shipping yet?

There is no official US store. You can buy yours from either England or Germany. There's an American reseller who's pretty good (and is even a member of these boards), but the money doesn't go directly to OpenPandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

I didn't steal the Pandoras from OPT. The units I am selling are Premium upgrades and at $499, I'm taking a bit of a loss after shipping from the UK to me and Google's cut of the sale. Regardless, it's just nice getting more Pandora in the wild.

I didn't say you stole them. Though on further consideration, I see where you're coming from.

^

I didn't steal the Pandoras from OPT. The units I am selling are Premium upgrades and at $499, I'm taking a bit of a loss after shipping from the UK to me and Google's cut of the sale. Regardless, it's just nice getting more Pandora in the wild.

Cool thanks. What are premium upgrades btw? I thought there was only 1 kind of pandora.

There is only one type of Pandora - "Premium" is the term that is used to differentiate the Pandoras that are shipped within seven working days, from pre-ordered ones (my understanding is that pre-ordering is now no longer available, although there are still many outstanding pre-orders). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in 2008, preorders for Pandoras were taken so they could be funded. They were at cost, but that didn't work out. This past January, it was decided to sell 7-day "Premium" units at $500. No more preorders are being taken, though existing ones are being honored.

It is my understanding that the price will never fall below 500. I ordered my premium within an hour or so of finding this out.

It is my understanding that the price will never fall below 500.

That's what craigix said. Personally I think OPT might reconsider lowering the price when all preorders are produced and they cover all their debts, but that won't happen any time soon and nobody should take that possibility into account in his/her plans.

Back