Puzzle Games?

divadsci

ahah i'm customised!
Website
Visit site
I was thinking that some great games to have on the gp would be those puzzle games like gridlock. Also othello is an awesome game (can be found on the palm). Anyone want to make some clones?

:edit:anyone know of a version of gridlock on any currently emulated system?:edit:

There are tons of othello games we can play emulated- a quick gamefaqs search showed ones for:
Atari 2600
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
MSX
NES
SNES

We have tons of puzzle games, no need to go making entirely new ones! :p

Has Oxyd been done yet? That seems like it'd be a cool game to have. A port of Enigma would have been nice, except there's no source code released for Enigma that I know of, so that's out of the question. (Enigma, because you can make levels for it. :D)

Oh! How about Puzzle Inlay? ^_^ That's a cool puzzle game! I don't think there's a source code available for that either, so porting isn't possible yet. The only other option would to be code a clone from scratch.

Oh well. We'll see, I guess.

Hmm, I have been thinking about Oxyd too, a great logical game, but the joystick would be quite clumsy for that, its based on precise mouse control. How would you accelerate the ball like you do with a fast move of your mouse?
A puzzle is also a good idea, I started working on a simple puzzle which shatters an image and you move the pieces around to complete it. Well, the game worked, but then I tried to move it to 16bpp and got to the speed problem of 16bpp blit.
Maybe 256colors would suffice...

Back