Pyra 4G Deals / Sim Compatibility

Wally

I am a banana!
Figured it's about time to start a discussion so we can start compiling some good deals for 4G providers and the 4G Version your country requires for a wiki article :).

I'll start with:

Australia - Euro 4G Chip

Best Deals i've seen (Long Expiry).
Optus 4G - 22GB over 2 years @ $130.00
Telstra 4G - 16GB over 2 years @ $160 (For those outside of Aus, Telstra reaches a lot more regional areas so they're monopolising on this and slowly creeping up as a healthy competitor.)

I've gone for these options as I doubt i'd be browsing intensively on the Pyra and i'm really not interested in making phone calls unless it's via VOIP / SIP and they're under no contract.

Please post your best deals here :)

RingPlus for the US. Any of the deals that are available at that time.

Finland has unlimited data with no cap at all: 20€ per month for 4G. Less is you want a slower connection.

I'm assuming carriers will detect the type of traffic you're receiving and classify your device as tethering or a tablet, so I'm limiting my search to tablet sim deals.

So far, in terms of British GSM deals (i.e. all of them) I've checked out:

3 (three.co.uk):
PAYG - Standard cost, 10GBP per GB; top ups available up to 25GBP for 10GB, plus a free 200MB per month apparently (got to be some catch to that, but I've not checked the t&cs yet).
Contract - 21GBP for 20GB, per month, 12 month contract.

02 (o2.co.uk):
Website is a mess, unable to find out any actual costs. Reportedly 1GBP per day for less than 50MB.

Vodafone (vodafone.co.uk):
PAYG: Standard cost 2GBP for first 50MB, then 100GBP per GB. Top ups available of 30GBP for 6GB of data.
Contract: 20GBP for 10GBP, per month, 12 month contract

EE (ee.co.uk):
PAYG: Can't find any PAYG data offers.
Contract: Slightly unclear, since they only appear to advertise their second sim offers for existing subscribers, but adding back the 10% discount they apply for that, it appears that their best offer is 35GBP for 16GB.

Those are the four actual operators. Of the MVNOs I've only used Giffgaff (who use the 02 masts) in the past, and they offer:
Giffgaff (giffgaff.com):
PAYG: n/a for tethering or tablets, if they catch you
Contract: 20GBP for 6GB of data, per month.

In short, unless you've an issue with their coverage (it's one of the better for coverage where I live, at least in terms of 3/4G), 3UK seems to be the best for Brits. In all cases you pay more per GB if you opt for a lower cap, but less overall, and more if you want a shorter contract. I still tend to think 3 will be the cheapest at all price points though, because of the discrepancy in rates at the top.

The FCC "requires" Verizon to allow LTE devices to connect with a valid sim even if it doesn't connect to the CDMA network but that limits you to data only and Verizon will not sell you a sim unless you get it with one of there LTE only tablets or hotspots.

For Belgium:
I use lyca mobile(all in one 10 bundel), you can find it in the night shops. 3GB data, 500 sms and 500 minutes for 10 euro. It's the best deal i've found.

For Belgium:
I use lyca mobile(all in one 10 bundel), you can find it in the night shops. 3GB data, 500 sms and 500 minutes for 10 euro. It's the best deal i've found.
That would work for me. I should see if I can find something like that here.
[doublepost=1459559996,1459559581][/doublepost]
Also, here's a link to the wiki page where you should put general stuff for your countries:
https://www.pyra-handheld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Carrier_Compatibility
I screwed up the talk or discussion or whatever page. Anyway, I had a question, and it is on that page.
[doublepost=1459560160][/doublepost]And my name is wrong on the wiki. I am case sensitive. Who do I talk to about getting that fixed?

@rygD at this point, feel free to add "discussion" to the main page, it's all a WIP anyway...

i suppose we could include a "hot deals" section in each region and info about each deal. it's a wiki, so whatever content you feel is helpful could probably go up.

i'd also prefer to be "ible" rather than "Ible", so let me know if you figure it out

For Belgium:

Good deal, I looked it up and noticed they have a bundle like that in the Netherlands too called "Holland S". Is that a recurring deal or will it change back to 20 euro after the 31st of may?

Also, adding sim size might be a good idea as well. To help people shopping for a sim card ^_^ It is micro sim right?

Back