Pyra Internet Deal

Would you like to have a mobile internet deal in you country?

• Yes

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters

Before I got my current plan, whenever I'd visit the US I'd get a pay-as-you-go $2/day unlimited plan from T-Mobile.  The first 100MB of the day were at 3G speeds and then throttled to 2G speeds but it was still unlimited, more than enough for email and navigation and such.

They've currently got a $50 unlimited plan, data is at 4G speeds for the first GB of the month and then throttled to 2G after that.  As long as you aren't using it for heavy streaming you should be fine.  And if you do need more high speed, an extra $30 gets you unlimited 4G speeds, with download increments along the way.  Seems like a pretty reasonable plan to me.

If you're only looking for data though you're on your own.  Best I can find is $30 for 3GB which is about 3 times as much as ED's German offering.

I live in average 8 months in Switzerland and 3 months in Brazil per year. Both countries offer 4G and Vodafone but I'm not interested in the Pyras Mobile Internet

I would buy it up front anyhow, I have a twin sim for my tablet and laptop, so I am on the same unlimited data plan as my phone. Also my job pays my phone bill so I cant do it anyway. 

I could be interested.

I found that here in France, SFR has a partnership with Vodafone, so that SFR sells Vodafone's offers for businesses and Vodafone users can communicate through the SFR network.

If the Vodafone deal extends to SFR, I would totally be interested. Here in France, it's about 30€ for unlimited calling in France (mobile and landline) and many countries including EU (120 countries, landline only).

This is the one I've got. It includes unlimited SMS/MMS (France only) and 3Go in 4G (3G included, no taxed excess but very low bandwidth afterwards, France only).

We don't pay to receive SMS or calls, except when abroad.

So that you can have receive a 2-hour call without getting it substracted from your credits.

Did you know ? In France, every single landline Internet deals comes with unlimited access. Our web's history is quite interesting, but it's too long to write here.

Just read this company's story if you wanna learn most of it : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_%28ISP%29

All in all, if I can get the deal with Vodafone through SFR, that's most interesting for me. As long as I can get reasonable calls and SMS for a similar price though.

No Asian countries in the country list, despite the fact that all your electronics parts come from there and half of the world lives there ? :)
I think you overlooked India, Turkey and Qatar then. China is not in the list as Vodafone is not represented in that country or any of its affiliates.

But you can always make a suggestion, as you are probably more familiar with providers in China.

Going off-topic for this one, enjoy. (Asia is a continent, Middle-East isn't)

asia.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Middle east is also a very europe centric view, from a chinese standpoint I would call it the middle west ;)
Do Chinese world maps have China in the middle?
I have my globe at home up side down I reminds me about how arbitrairy a north==up mentality is :D In the greater scheme of things there is no way to tell what side of the earth is "up".

Middle east is also a very europe centric view, from a chinese standpoint I would call it the middle west ;)
I have my globe at home up side down I reminds me about how arbitrairy a north==up mentality is :D In the greater scheme of things there is no way to tell what side of the earth is "up".
I have 1921 globe it's fun seeing what African and European nations merged and disappeared history's neat!

I have my globe at home up side down I reminds me about how arbitrairy a north==up mentality is :D In the greater scheme of things there is no way to tell what side of the earth is "up"
There's far more continuous landmass on the north half of a globe and I cant think of any language that doesn't read either horizontally or top to bottom. An upside down map centered on the Pacific ocean is the least intuitive map I can think of.

Funny thing; US-american maps are centered on the US, splitting Asia in two. European maps put the split in the middle of the pacific, with the US on the left and Asia on the right.

Wrt the Internet deal, I wonder if they will only be sold in conjunction with a Pyra, or if ED will sell the SIM cards seperately (becoming the cheapest supplier of 3/4G data plans in germany)

Still wish I could get that deal. *Grumble grumble*

Last edited by a moderator:
So he wasn't wrong in claiming there were asian countr(y|ies) included, neither were you claiming there weren't. You were using different definitions for Asia. In the future you both know to better communicate what you mean so this kind of misunderstanding does not happen again. Right? :)

Back on topic.

Back