Pyra Internet Deal

Would you like to have a mobile internet deal in you country?

• Yes

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters

Turkey and quatar is middle east. Not asia. Check maps.
I have frequently encountered this region being called Southwest Asia.  In some instances this seems to be the preferred term, and is based on where it can be found on maps.

Going off-topic for this one, enjoy. (Asia is a continent, Middle-East isn't)

Middle east is also a very europe centric view, from a chinese standpoint I would call it the middle west ;)
People living in middle east say that they are in middle east. I am not kidding.
Doesn't Japan consider itself the eastern most point too? Or at least the place where the sun rises, which for everyone is the east

We have the same nonsensical geographical thing within the US.  What is commonly called, 'The Midwest' could be more accurately called, 'The Mideast'.

For all people not mentioned before, I also added China/US and other countries to a new list. So you can let us know where you would like a deal if a deal would be possible.

For now the poll shows that Germans are on top with 8 votes, Netherlands and UK are second with 7 votes, Australia thirth with 5 votes.

15 votes are going to the most popular vote 'My country is not mentioned'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if that can be arranged, but who knows. I guess the Pyra doesn't do voice so I assume it isn't in the deal (as I guess adding voice would cost extra), maybe there is no voice bundle but you can still use the call function out of bundle.

When only using data it does do texting (SMS) though, and on the Pyra you could still use a call-application like Skype to call to a phone.

I'll add this one to the question too, see if a lot of people think this way.

Last I heard, the Pyra can do voice in that the voice lines from the modem will be wired up to a tty or something - it's just missing the software to make a voice call.

And even then it's probably not too much of a hassle to put some kind of software together.. maybe even use existing opensource software.

ED has arranged a great mobile-internet deal for the Pyra users (see twitter), but for now it is only available in Germany.

I think it is useful to know what country you are in and if you also would like to have such a deal for your country.

The poll is setup with the current provider in mind (Vodafone).
Which deal? Which Twitter? Link?

Duckduckgo and Google didn't help:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=twitter+dragonbox+pyra

https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=twitter+dragonbox+pyra

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Mrozek @EvilDragon1717·15 dec.
Special deal for German Pyra customers: I will be able to offer you an LTE mobile Internet flatrate (3GB) for about 8 EUR per month!

Back