I wouldn't cancel, especially if you've waited it out this long, unless you REALLY need the money. I don't so I'm not canceling. I'm just expressing my frustration in the process. I am going to guess when it does ship there will be a immediate market until supply meets demand and you can resell your unopened/unused device for a premium to the impatient. That alone is really the only justification you should need.For the first time since pre-pre-ordering I'm seriously considering cancelling my order.
It doesn't feel that close to me, but probably more importantly I don't really retro game like I did when I bought the GP32/GP2X/Pandora (from Craig's shop many moons ago!!)
I think there might be other small mini-PC devices more suited to my tech requirements - possibly the One Mix 2S.
Of course, an update showing progress and maybe a video of what the Pyra is capable of might persuade me to stick the wait out......we'll see
On top of that, the pyra will be a magnificent device purely on the aspect of having a best in class comfort in the controller arena. There are several other devices capable of doing everything and more as the pyra will do, but the pyra will do what it does better. The niche market will always exist for it so the investment will be worth it in the long run, if you're into that kind of thing.
I got a xd, xd plus, win, win 2, pocket, and many other Chinese game players and computers. They all have their positives and negatives and I feel they all have their niche use to me or else I'd sell them. I also have a pandora and it's nothing different, the pyra will be the same. It's great at X & Y, but comes short on Z. If you need a Lenovo, get a lenovo, if you need the money, cancel your order. But outside of that, I'd hang on, just to see if you really wouldn't use it. You can't unmake the decision to give up your spot in line.