Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Maybe you had sometimes exited the Qemu Window?

Qemu must stay in Fullscreen Mode when you want to use it.

When you get out of the Window can the Pointer decalibrate.

Maybe that was it,give it a Try again ^_^

and News News News News:

I am able to Play Diablo and Diablo2 under Windows98 without Sound,but with Touchscreen Support :D

When i have more Time a make one or 2 Videos of it for here :rolleyes:

YES YOU READED RIGHT: DIABLO AND DIABLO 2 WORKS WITH TOUCHSCREEN B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Qemu just takes care of the hardware side of things (just like vmware, virtualbox or virtualpc) in opposition to dosbox which provides the emulated hardware as also the emulated operating system.

So you have to first make an image and install an operating system to it - or you just use one of the prepared images ingoreis has made.

The path to this image is what comes into the "Load image" textbox. if you want to have a cd image mounted put the path to it in "Load iso" textbox. After launching it, you have to navigate to the emulated cd drive and install the game.
Yes, that's clear but where is all the stuff stored when saving new content from an image, like savegames, changed configs etc.? You have the image but does qemu writes this stuff during the runtime within the image or does it have a default working directory outside?

Maybe you had sometimes exited the Qemu Window?

Qemu must stay in Fullscreen Mode when you want to use it.

When you get out of the Window can the Pointer decalibrate.

Maybe that was it,give it a Try again ^_^

I don't think you're fully understanding me quite right. I was only saying that the one time I used QEMU with ReactOS, I didn't have issues getting the touch screen to work. I wasn't talking about the offset problems (which reminds me a lot of the notorious SDL offset bug that is fixed by not hiding the cursor), just casually commenting that I had no issue getting the touchscreen actually working (I assumed that's what you were talking about, given your talk about enabling touchscreen support with command line options).

Qemu just takes care of the hardware side of things (just like vmware, virtualbox or virtualpc) in opposition to dosbox which provides the emulated hardware as also the emulated operating system.

So you have to first make an image and install an operating system to it - or you just use one of the prepared images ingoreis has made.

The path to this image is what comes into the "Load image" textbox. if you want to have a cd image mounted put the path to it in "Load iso" textbox. After launching it, you have to navigate to the emulated cd drive and install the game.
Yes, that's clear but where is all the stuff stored when saving new content from an image, like savegames, changed configs etc.? You have the image but does qemu writes this stuff during the runtime within the image or does it have a default working directory outside?
As the OS that is run inside the emulated/Qemu Hardware only sees the filesystem(=image) itself and nothing more, there is no outside working directory. The exception here is the shared directory you can specify, but it is not recommend to use it to exchange data in both ways (filesystem of the os in Qemu <=> "real" filesystem on the sdcard) as write support is buggy in qemu and a lot of the games I tried had problems with it

Non of the pre-packed Images is working for me. :( Actualy, Qemu doesn't work at all on my Pandora. It just nothing happens when I click on "launch", no error message, no nothing. Paths are set. It's pretty sad that I already fail at this stage. ^^""

cryptic PND OUT:

Code:
=======================================================================================

PND : /media/FUSI_SD/pandora/menu/qemu.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/FUSI_SD/pandora/appdata/qemu

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : scripts/qemu.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/qemu"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/FUSI_SD/pandora/appdata/qemu=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/qemu=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/qemu"

[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/qemu.sh ) ----------

mkdir: cannot create directory `images': File exists

head: cannot open `floppy' for reading: No such file or directory

qemu -no-hpet -no-acpi -balloon none -soundhw sb16 -net none -cpu pentium -full-screen /media/FUSI_SD/Qemu Images/DRDOSElderScrollsArena.qcow2

qemu: -full-screen: could not open disk image /media/FUSI_SD/Qemu: No such file or directory

qemu -no-hpet -no-acpi -balloon none -m 128 -soundhw sb16 -net none -cpu pentium -full-screen /media/FUSI_SD/Qemu Images/DRDOSElderScrollsArena.qcow2

qemu: -full-screen: could not open disk image /media/FUSI_SD/Qemu: No such file or directory

qemu -no-hpet -no-acpi -balloon none -soundhw sb16 -cpu pentium -full-screen -hdb fat:rw:/media/FUSI_SD/Qemu Images/Shared Folder /media/FUSI_SD/Qemu Images/DRDOSElderScrollsArena.qcow2

Could not read directory /media/FUSI_SD/Qemu

qemu: -hdb fat:rw:/media/FUSI_SD/Qemu: could not open disk image fat:rw:/media/FUSI_SD/Qemu: Operation not permitted

qemu -no-hpet -no-acpi -balloon none -soundhw sb16 -cpu pentium -full-screen -hdb fat:rw:/media/FUSI_SD/Qemu Images/Shared Folder /media/FUSI_SD/Qemu Images/DRDOSElderScrollsArena.qcow2

qemu: -hdb fat:rw:/media/FUSI_SD/Qemu: could not open disk image fat:rw:/media/FUSI_SD/Qemu: Operation not permitted

EXIT="abort"

[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application (scripts/qemu.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/qemu': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 4

Do you have spaces in your imagenames or directories?

It doesn't like those but I haven't found a way to fix this yet.

If you look at its pnd_run out file in /tmp , it will give you more information probably.

But, yeah, I might need better error handling here.

Ah, yes, I forgot that. The directories had spaces in the manes, I changed it and now it starts at least. Still can't get stunts or Elder Scrolls working, maybe have to test some options.

EDIT: Stunts works nice, I just had to switch to AdLib Emulation. But where does Stunts save its stuff? I still have many old tracks, where can I put it in? Do I have to bind them into the Game Image or does QEMU use a external Directory for that?

I will prepare a DRDos Image with a Freeware Dos Commander Clone,with this can you all easily copy your

own Files into the right Folders. :)

I think i can share it Tommorow ;)

When i have it done i will set it to the PWiki.

In the moment i try to run the Rollercoaster Tycoon Demo in Reactos,wish me Luck :D

and dont forget to increase the speed of your Qemu Emulation,can you add in the addidional Parameters

-no-hpet -no-acpi -balloon none

(This makes a little Speedbonus) :rolleyes:

Wish me Luck for ReactOS FreewareGames/Demos that i can share with you all :)

Will dos commander allow easier access into the shared folder? I've not yet managed to get any of my games running at all!

(null)

I will prepare a DRDos Image with a Freeware Dos Commander Clone,with this can you all easily copy your own Files into the right Folders. :) I think i can share it Tommorow ;) When i have it done i will set it to the PWiki. In the moment i try to run the Rollercoaster Tycoon Demo in Reactos,wish me Luck :D and dont forget to increase the speed of your Qemu Emulation,can you add in the addidional Parameters -no-hpet -no-acpi -balloon none (This makes a little Speedbonus) :rolleyes: Wish me Luck for ReactOS FreewareGames/Demos that i can share with you all :)
Very nice Idea with the DOS Commander thing, I used Norton Commander since I used DOS. Now I still have Total Commander in Windows, I bareley use the Explorer.

Parameters are set, Stunts runns full speed without OC but Battle Arena Toshinden needs more beef to run at playable Speed. ^^

ReactOS? I've heared its still in Alpha since over 10 Years of Development. :D

Yes this is why so many Software dont work in ReactOS.

Here is the Image with the Freeware OpenSource Dos Zip (simple Norton Commander Clone)

http://mcobit.openpa...ipCommander.rar

dz1.jpg

I had it tested and i can easily go to the shared folder Games here.

Sarting some Games works well :rolleyes:

And Copying Files/Folders per Drag&Drop are no Problem ;)

Now you can make your own DRDos Images with this.

When you start this Image and a Shared Folder you must add this Command with your own Image adiidional as hdc.

Example adding this in addidional commands

-hdc /media/pathto/yourimage.qcow2

happy testing :)

I have, at home, some of those games that General Mills offered in their cereal boxes; games like Clue, Monopoly, Scrabble and The Game of Life. I don't know if these games have demos (they were released as usual before going to the cereal box offer, by the way), because since you're in Germany I doubt there's a way you could have gotten them. If that's not too illegal, I could send you disk images of the games by private message. Also, if someone has some (or all) of these games, could (s)he try them please? I would be interested in the results.

Plz no illegal Requests for sending Images/games ;)

But i will help how i can.

Have you made your CDROM as ISO and want you to install them so?

Are They Dosgames?Windows Games?

Are The Games on normal 1,44MB floppys?

Have you Copied the Disk files into a specify Folder?

Or need you only one CDROM Driver for Dos to install them?

Have you a Link for a Picture or found you them in Ebay?

when you give me The right Link i can search for one Demoversion or so for testing :rolleyes:

But Step by Step maybe its a Memory Problem because my DRDos Images comes without Memory Managers.

Where is your problem exactly?

We solve the first Problem,then the next and and ^_^

when i can help,i help :)

First of all, thanks for the quick response.

I don't have a Pandora, so I have not tried installing them. I just want to know if they work. :)

I have found some 1-hour trial versions, so hopefully it shouldn't take that long (or you could reinstall it on another image and hope the counter will be tricked ^_^ ) ; links below:

Clue: http://aff133.games.is/product/product=88

The Game of Life: http://www.terragame.com/downloadable/educational/the_game_of_life/index.html

I haven't found the others yet, but if those work, I have no doubt that the others will.

Back