Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Sadly, It was under win95. I had to go to OPP 4 for the duration of the testing to get 950. My Pandora is happy at 800 @3 but locks up above that. This was the first time I've ever tried going faster. I rarely venture above 600.

The naration was fine but on the first mission, just a handful of units it was frame by frame movement.

Plus you would need the touch screen to be sorted too.

OK... I just want to run Dungeon Keeper and maybe try Carmageddon? What's the easiest way to do that? In bullet points is fine.

Best and fastest way to create the image is on windows with Qemumanager or on a linux machine with a frontend of choice.

* Set up a msdos 6.22 image like described on the wiki (drdos might work, too but I didn't test that)

* Mount your DungeonKeeper CD

* Install the game

* Install NOCD crack if you like

* Make sure it runs on your desktop pc

* You can edit the autoexec.bat on your image to automatically start the game, if you like

* Copy the image to your sd card

* Start Qemu on Pandora and mount the Image and boot

* Start the game from your image

mcobit, i'm still interested in your compilation options ^^.

Tried qemu 1.0.1 from sources, but it seems it's still broken on ARM hosts. Maybe should i try to enable debug and look at the errors ?

Also, about your pnd, maybe you should put the name in capital letters because of the sorting order in Xfce menus.

Yes, qemu 1.0.1 doesn't work for arm hosts.

Lemme check at home for the options. I am sorry, I completely forgot.

Edit: this is qemu 0.15.1

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah IC.. Everything appears to be working fine, but drives running in MS-DOS compatibility mode is an indicator that the IDE controller isn't working as intended. I wasn't sure if this was normal for QEMU or something strange on my end.

Some games are a little more sluggish than what I see in the videos.. wasn't sure if this was the cause.

From the wiki, and using w98:

switch to a: and make your HD Image bootable with

sys c:

bad command or bad file

I think IngoReis wrote this section.

Maybe he has an idea whats wrong.

sys.com would need to be on the floppy drive for that to work right..

I generally make my drive boot-able when I format the drive with the /s flag:

Code:
format c: /s

It's from a cdrom.

Ok, will try, thx.

Also i wonder why not much users try their games under win NT.

Boo can't seem to get sound working either in DOS or Win 3.11. :<

EDIT: Trying a different driver for SB16...

EDIT2: Found some useful stuff here: http://www.scampers.org/steve/vmware/ It's targeting VMWare but this driver worked for me and also has the DOSIDLE program and notes for how to use it :)

A little report about win NT.

So i had to use the -cpu pentium to install it on my PC, to avoid the BSOD.

I used the last qemu-kvm.

Then tried to get the cirrus driver working, but only had a yellow screen.

When running on the Pandora, this time, i had to check the use 486 instead of pentium to avoid the BSOD !

Unfortunately, i'm stuck at the first loading screen, where we can read "1 system processor [128 MB Memory]"

Code:
Does not work. The parameters are not ok.

-edit: i formated through the graphical setup, will try the rest with the command-line.

Code:
Does not work. The parameters are not ok.

-edit: i formated through the graphical setup, will try the rest with the command-line.

Not sure what to say, that is what I used to make a hard drive bootable for years in DOS.. I used that same command to format the C drive and make it bootable on my windows 95 qemu image.

Ok, I couldn't find the exact configure command anymore but it should have been something along the lines of:

./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/qemu --cross-prefix=${CROSSTOOL}- --cpu=armv4l

And only the 386 emulation enabled.

This is in sebt3's toolchain.

Ok, thanks, i thought it was more complicated ^^.

A qemu binary is produced for each architecture, so if it was the case, you don't have to worry about bloating the x86 binary.

On the PC I try to install DOS 6.22 from my floppies, but during the install I need to swap from disk1 to disk2 and it doesn't 'seem' to work.

Swap is not possible ?

What's the trick to install DOS completely ? Assign command or something ?

Back