Release QJoyPad

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I've ported QJoyPad.

QJoyPad is a program for translating gamepad button presses to keyboard events.

You can use this program to assign keyboard keys to the nub(s), but the nub(s) must be in joystick mode before QJoyPad can see them.

QJoyPad does not work with the iControlPad for some reason. It only works if the device is called "js#" in "/dev/input", otherwise it won't see it. Unfortunately, I just found out that the iCP is called "event6", and even if I make a symlink to it called "js0", in QJoyPad, it doesn't have any buttons QJoyPad can see.

Get it here: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=qjoypad-001

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what I hope, but I'm disappointed if that isn't already possible.  I plan on using an iCP2 as a second player Pandora controller.

Yes! I have been asking for this program to make it to the Repo in a while now! You can use it to mapp bottoms on to the nubs :) Great if the game you are using doesn't support the analog nubs and you want to use them.

Except it only works if the device is called "js#" in "/dev/input", otherwise it won't see it. Unfortunately, I just found out that the iCP is called "event6", and even if I make a symlink to it called "js0", in QJoyPad, it doesn't have any buttons QJoyPad can see.

Also, unless you set the nubs to joystick mode before starting QJoyPad, it can't see them.

That is what I hope, but I'm disappointed if that isn't already possible.  I plan on using an iCP2 as a second player Pandora controller.
It works for most games, but one had a weird problem with it, so I figured using it in gamepad mode through QJoypad might alleviate the problem.

I think you can define for what names of devices it should search in the Makefile before compiling or something, IIRC.

The 'event' devices include lots of events for lots of different devices; does this thing know how to handle the 'event' structures properly, or is it coded for another /dev device?

Sounds like its rather naive :(

jeff

I think you can define for what names of devices it should search in the Makefile before compiling or something, IIRC.
I'll check that.

The 'event' devices include lots of events for lots of different devices; does this thing know how to handle the 'event' structures properly, or is it coded for another /dev device?

Sounds like its rather naive :(

jeff
It's only designed for joysticks and gamepads, so it only looks at 'js' devices, like js0. Gamepads are supposed to use 'js', not 'event'. Although it can't read it even if I make a symlink, so I think maybe the iCP doesn't appear as a proper gamepad, even in gamepad mode.

Well, I fixed the icon, so now it shows up in the taskbar, however the makefile only allows you to specify where input devices are, not what types it can read.

Thats what I mean.. linking js to eventX seems unwise :)

I wonder what iCP1 is showing up as .. keyboard?!

jeff
It can show up as a keyboard, but I was putting it in gamepad mode. I also tried joystick mode. both show up as event6.

I wonder if this can be used in android for those few games that won't map with the gamekeyboard app..

I wonder if this can be used in android for those few games that won't map with the gamekeyboard app..
You could try starting QJoyPad before you run the Android PND, but I don't know if that will work.

What is the gamekeyboard app? I want to play Minecraft, but it doesn't support the Pandora's controls, would that app help me?

You could try starting QJoyPad before you run the Android PND, but I don't know if that will work.

What is the gamekeyboard app? I want to play Minecraft, but it doesn't support the Pandora's controls, would that app help me?
The gamekeyboard app allows you to map touchscreen controls to anything you want, keyboard or dpad and buttons(not nubs though.)

The keyboard will work for minecraft the only problem is the app doesn't have a proper alternative for games that use screen swipes for looking around. it works best for games that use one gamepad or dual on screen gamepads or built in keyboard controls.. Also dual touch gives it a bit of trouble as well.. so to answer your question you can map everything but you will have to use touch to look around and even then the no dual touch makes it a bit funky to play. 

I'm thinking of emailing locnet to see if he can support the pandora better or at least add a better swipe feature and accelerometer.

I use the app for lots of stuff but it works great for Max Payne, Nova 3 , Brothers in arms..Rpgs etc

The gamekeyboard app allows you to map touchscreen controls to anything you want, keyboard or dpad and buttons(not nubs though.)

The keyboard will work for minecraft the only problem is the app doesn't have a proper alternative for games that use screen swipes for looking around. it works best for games that use one gamepad or dual on screen gamepads or built in keyboard controls.. Also dual touch gives it a bit of trouble as well.. so to answer your question you can map everything but you will have to use touch to look around and even then the no dual touch makes it a bit funky to play. 

I'm thinking of emailing locnet to see if he can support the pandora better or at least add a better swipe feature and accelerometer.

I use the app for lots of stuff but it works great for Max Payne, Nova 3 , Brothers in arms..Rpgs etc
Ah, sounds interesting. I already emailed the Minecraft people asking if they could add configurable controls.

Thats what I mean.. linking js to eventX seems unwise :)

I wonder what iCP1 is showing up as .. keyboard?!

jeff
The iCP shows up as js0 on my laptop, so something's wrong with the Pandora then. It's Bluetooth does seems a bit flaky with the iCP, I wonder if that's related.

This has probably been answered somewhere on the forums before, but is a PS3 controller or a Xbox 360 controller supported if you plug them on the USB Host and use Qjoy ? Has anyone ever tried?

This has probably been answered somewhere on the forums before, but is a PS3 controller or a Xbox 360 controller supported if you plug them on the USB Host and use Qjoy ? Has anyone ever tried?
For PS3 controllers, the USB seems to only be for charging. You have to use Bluetooth for the actual controller input. And for XBOX 360, there's no working driver for Pandora. Someone needs to port xpad.

For PS3 controllers, the USB seems to only be for charging. You have to use Bluetooth for the actual controller input. And for XBOX 360, there's no working driver for Pandora. Someone needs to port xpad.
I don't know about your PS3 controllers, but mine work perfectly via USB on my Linux PC without the need to setup anything. I was wondering if it was the same on Pandora or not.

I don't know about your PS3 controllers, but mine work perfectly via USB on my Linux PC without the need to setup anything. I was wondering if it was the same on Pandora or not.
How odd. And they work with Bluetooth turned off on your PC?

EDIT: My boyfriend tells me I'm mistaken, and the USB can work for data from the controller. So you're right. Try it on the Pandora then, but you might need a USB hub if the controller is USB 1.1.

Back