Quake 1 (With Nanogl)

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Get it here: http://dl.openhandhe...?0,0,0,0,30,486

Quake source : http://pickle.gp2x.de/source/quake1-src.zip

NanoGL source : pickle.gp2x.de/source/wiz3D-src.zip
(includes other things and is a bit messy at the moment)

Just put pak's in the correct folders and run.

Controls:
B : Enter
A : Crtl
Y : / (also does 'y')
X : Shift
L : Alt
R :Insert
help1: C
help2 : A
home : Escape
push : B

Azerty16 said:
Great news thanx!!
Does it run better than on the Wiz?

It runs the same speed, but i was able to increase the texture size so the quality is better (for what you get at 320x240)

Last edited by a moderator:
One small bug I've noticed in Quake for Caanoo is that when you log out the logout window/popup is a garbled mess (white window with stripes). You can hardly read the text in window. Plus I made 3 separate ini files for Quake and the 2 expansion packs but for some reason only the Quake ini file shows up under Games on the Caanoo.

Fantastic so far :)

I get the same problem as fettouhi. Also, what folders should I put the Armagon and Dissolution paks in, I copied the folders from my PC and they are:
rogue
HIPNOTIC

Addition:
Ignore that as I just spotted the diss and armagon folders, blonde moment soz.

I tested the 2 mission packs for quake the run fine but texture issues here and there (flickering ang missing textures etc.). Regarding the problem I have with the ini files. It seems like the Caanoo only accepts one ini file per game. I've created now 3 separate directories for quake, mission pack1 and mission pack 2 plus ini files for each of them and now they show up under games all of them. Very weird!

i cant get quake to show up under games do i need to do something else i have put the pak files in id folder i think it says create your own ini how do you do that some help would be appreciated thanks.

Place THIS FILE in the games folder and place THIS ICON in the quake1 folder.

Make sure the quake folder is called quake1

Clare.

Additional:
The icon is one I quickly downloaded, you can use any png file really instead of the one I gave you, as long as it's small enough and called quake1.png, or if you call it something different you need to alter the name in the ini file.

And there's more:
I have now made a better icon:
quake.png

Clare said:
Place THIS FILE in the games folder and place THIS ICON in the quake1 folder.

Make sure the quake folder is called quake1

Clare.

Additional:
The icon is one I quickly downloaded, you can use any png file really instead of the one I gave you, as long as it's small enough and called quake1.png, or if you call it something different you need to alter the name in the ini file.

And there's more:
I have now made a better icon:
quake.png
okay i made my own too i have uploded it to the file archive

Thank you Pickle, the game works perfectly fine with my retail cd pak files.

Is there an easy way to bind the "I" and "II" button with "god" and "impulse 9"? (I know I need to edit config.cfg, but I don't know what PC key correspond to those two buttons).

Pickle said:
im going to have an update with added buttons, is there a specific way i should package it to include these things for the gp2x gui?

if you mean icon and title, copy them in main folder

Ok i got the ini and icons figured out, the ini is in the quake1 folder so if you dont have one already just drag it into the game folder.

See the original post for the updated button mappings

Pickle said:
Ok i got the ini and icons figured out, the ini is in the quake1 folder so if you dont have one already just drag it into the game folder.

See the original post for the updated button mappings
i dont know if its just mine but if you let the demo run for 10 15 seconds it crashes freeze can someone else please test this.
edit it happens randomly

Back