Quake 1 (With Nanogl)

Nintiendo1Spain said:
Which is the difference between 4/9/10 version and 5/9/10 version?

Sorry for my bad english.

Im not really sure whats the dates refer to, theres a wiz build and a caanoo build. Really nothing different between the two except the caanoo can handle larger textures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Nintiendo1Spain said:

Im not really sure whats the dates refer to, theres a wiz build and a caanoo build. Really nothing different between the two except the caanoo can handle larger textures.

Sorry, you don't undertand me. I asked the difference between the version 2 of today and version of yesterday.

Nintiendo1Spain said:
Pickle said:
Nintiendo1Spain said:

Sorry, you don't undertand me. I asked the difference between the version 2 of today and version of yesterday.

ah you europians switching the day with months ;-)

i added the new buttons for the caanoo, i.e push,help1 and i added the ini and icon stuff

One thing which would be nice would be to utilise the analogue nub more, currently its working like digital stick. Would it be possible to make it look around faster the further you push it?

HeWhoCorrupts said:
How do you get this to work? I have the game files, now how do I put them in folders to make it work? The readme was not helpful. If someone could tell me step by step that would be great.

put paks in the id1 folder, or other folder if you trying the expansions, not that hard...

Yes, good job Pickle.
Did you think about a Quake 2 port too? :rolleyes:

Clare said:
One thing which would be nice would be to utilise the analogue nub more, currently its working like digital stick. Would it be possible to make it look around faster the further you push it?

One idea i could do is create a second threshold and enable run mode when that is active.
It also would be possible to use the analog to act like a mouse, but i think this would give small movements but would limit out at the normal speed (unless run was enabled)

I also think the gsensor might be interesting to use for a free look (but I need example code before i can try it)

You could have mouse mode but with certain thresholds, leaving the analogue movement beyond the d-pad threshold, would that be possible?

Clare said:
You could have mouse mode but with certain thresholds, leaving the analogue movement beyond the d-pad threshold, would that be possible?

Im not sure i follow what you mean. The dpad method used right now basically simulates arrow key presses.

With mouse controls its a different path in the code, instead of a key/press state I send a numeric relative movement. Bigger relative number the larger the movement (although the movement will be capped by the game internally, the player can only move so fast).
A second issue that comes with the mouse method is repeating the relative request so you get continuous movement. When you move the stick it generates events as long as you move it, once you reach your final position no more events will be received, meaning your player isnt going to move either.
I had this issue on the pandora quake3 port, the workaround is to store the last analog value and perioically send it to the engine.

Hey Pickle just wanted to say great port, really enjoying playing Quake again after all these years. Also great to hear you're working on a Quake 2 port.

Any chance of Quake 3? new at all of this so still figuring things about but i'm assuming the Caanoo isn't powerful enough?

Sounds great all! Any chance of fixing the texture issues in the mission packs? One of the mission packs has missing textures and lots of flickering. The other the menu text is all white.

im not even thinking of q3 before q2 is running.

for the expansions, the only thing i can suggest is to decrease the max texture size back to 128. I dont recall the cvar name at the moment.

Azerty16 said:
Quake III can be playable on the Caanoo? :huh:

it might run, probably would be missing textures as a lack of memory, and be pretty slow based on the cpu and gpu. For example the wiz/caanoo gets 25 fps in q1, where the pandora gets 60 fps.
If i get q2 working then ill try q3 just to see.

Pickle said:
Azerty16 said:
Quake III can be playable on the Caanoo? :huh:

it might run, probably would be missing textures as a lack of memory, and be pretty slow based on the cpu and gpu. For example the wiz/caanoo gets 25 fps in q1, where the pandora gets 60 fps.
If i get q2 working then ill try q3 just to see.
can we not overclock quake to 800mhz as we do on mame? so it runs abit smoother

Back