Quake 2 / Quake 3 Update?

First, check this thread out. Having the nubs automatically swapped helps a great deal.

Add this to PND_pre_script.sh (assuming you want to change the sensitivity in Quake 3);

Code:

cat /proc/pandora/nub1/mouse_sensitivity > /tmp/nub1_sens_before

echo "100" > /proc/pandora/nub1/mouse_sensitivity

And to PND_post_script.sh...

Code:

cat /tmp/nub1sens_before > /proc/pandora/nub1/mouse_sensitivity

rm ... /tmp/nub1sens_before

Thanks for the guide, but I tried this and it hasn't made any difference. I also added the swap nubs stuff, no difference. (And I have installed the pnd run sh update from the other thread).

Well, all this talk about how easy this really is....why not add the scripts to the PND itself and make the newer versiojn available for download? This would make Duke3D, Quake2 and Quake3 far more enjoyable. Just add those darned swap and sensitivity scripts to the PND itself (please ;) ). If it's that easy, it's also easy to make them the default.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, all this talk about how easy this really is....why not add the scripts to the PND itself and make the newer versiojn available for download? This would make Duke3D, Quake2 and Quake3 far more enjoyable. Just add those darned swap and sensitivity scripts to the PND itself (please ;) ). If it's that easy, it's also easy to make them the default.

This!

You'd have to bug Pickle about that. Remember that the Quakes were among the first games to receive Pandora ports.

You'd have to bug Pickle about that. Remember that the Quakes were among the first games to receive Pandora ports.

Pickle said:
nubs are hardcoded left for direction and right for look.

usb devices are supported, there just has to be an argument passed that tells quake which device to use.

Anyone know anything about this argument that has to be passed? Seeing as the scripts won't work for changing nubs - I'm screwed! My only hope is to get external USB mouse (and USB numpad would be nice) working.

Are you absolutely sure we're on the same page? Mine is right for look as well, and left for movement.

Are you absolutely sure we're on the same page? Mine is right for look as well, and left for movement.

Yeah - but according to Pickle, that's the default and it can't be changed.

And remember - my right nub is stuffed!

So I wanted to use your scripts to set Left Nub as look and then ABXY as movement.

Alas, I can't!

So unless someone can explain and help me with this 'argument that has to be passed' so that I can use USB devices... No Quake III for me untill I RMA my Pandora. :(

Back