Quake, Yes...

MrPoletski

Still Fresh
Is there any chance of seeing quake 1 with the tenebrae mod on? There are a few others though, I suppose this would need the full ogl2 thing up and running.

hell, would probably give the driver a good workout for bug fixing even if it ends up too slow.

http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/

OGL is up and running, there a few videos around using it. Tenebrae looks like it would just need a recompile if you could get your hands on the source. That said, I think the Quakes are running in OpenGL ES 1.1, which would be a pain to port to ES 2.0.

'Butterman' said:
OGL is up and running, there a few videos around using it. Tenebrae looks like it would just need a recompile if you could get your hands on the source. That said, I think the Quakes are running in OpenGL ES 1.1, which would be a pain to port to ES 2.0.
Quake3 currently is the only one running on opengles alone, quake 1/2 are still using some code to emulate parts of opengl.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Butterman' said:
That said, I think the Quakes are running in OpenGL ES 1.1, which would be a pain to port to ES 2.0.
Is it necessary? I thought OMAP supports both versions of OpenGL ES.

Tenebrae is a terrible techdemo. It cannot even run any mods.

There is the incredible Darkplaces engine if you want blingbling, shadows and whatever-normal-replacement-maps: http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/

Since the free shooter Nexuiz uses the Darkplaces engine you can be certain that it will get ported to the Pandora. :)

Tenebrae would be a waste of time and energy. It is nothing more than a techdemo.

'Pickle' said:
Quake3 currently is the only one running on opengles alone, quake 1/2 are still using some code to emulate parts of opengl.
Actually, an OGRE 3D demo was shown on the identical hardware of the beagle board a while back.

'Bronek' said:
'Butterman' said:
That said, I think the Quakes are running in OpenGL ES 1.1, which would be a pain to port to ES 2.0.
Is it necessary? I thought OMAP supports both versions of OpenGL ES.

Yes, but not interchangably. This "mod" requires shaders. They're only avaliable in ES 2.0.

Butterman said:
'Pickle' said:
Actually, an OGRE 3D demo was shown on the identical hardware of the beagle board a while back.

Yep im aware, i meant quake 3 is the only quake engine to be supported with no opengl emulation, whereas the other tow engines are still using emulation code.

Regarding Quake mods: We NEED Smokin' Guns on the Pandora! It's based on Quake 3 and it's the definitive wild west shooter. :)
CODE
http://www.smokin-guns.net/

It might be easier to wait until they backport it to IoQuake3, though.

Doesn't Smokin' Guns just use qvm and some custom media? If that's the case there's no porting required. They probably just ship their own Q3 client for completion sake.

I've got no idea. I sounded like they did some customization to me but I am not a developer and have very limited knowledge of this stuff.

Back