Question about N64 emulator update?

frostedfires

Just wondering if any work is being done on the N64 emulator for the Pandora. I look foreword to play it but would like more support on the emulator. Now that more pandora's are our in the world maybe someone is working on it. Just would like an update on it. Thanks :)

Makes us two.

Till someone releases a more updated build I will resort to PCSXReArmed, got enough stuff to play on there for now.

4! :)

The only thing I can play with Mupen is Mario64. While I plan on finsihing it again, it would be so good to play all my games again (Bomberman, 007, Zelda, Paper Mario,...)

the emulator fairy is putting the work in, dont worry, plus im not even sure if any of the mupen pandora devs even have a pandora yet, go be patient, theres many games quite playable, i hear mario, fzero, turok2, banjo kazooie

the emulator fairy is putting the work in, dont worry, plus im not even sure if any of the mupen pandora devs even have a pandora yet, go be patient, theres many games quite playable, i hear mario, fzero, turok2, banjo kazooie
Yeah I was wondering if any of the main devs like Ari have a Pandora yet. And, I was just curious if anyone other than the main devs took a hack at the code. I will be patient but thought it would be a good question to ask now that there is soon to be 2000 Pandora's out in the wild. To be honest I don't even have my Pandora yet (3100-3200 in batch 1) but just checking on the updates :)

It would have been nice to see the dev fund being used to "upgrade" developers to premium pandoras.

It would have been nice to see the dev fund being used to "upgrade" developers to premium pandoras.

It was.

I would suggest that maybe 50% of Pandora owners are developers of some sort or another, so you cannot bump all devs up. Whether 50% will contribute something worthwhile is the question.... no idea when mine will arrive, but if CC are only producing 150 boards a week (as it seems OP get a delivery of 300 boards every 2 weeks at the moment), then its gonna be a while.

My prediction. First batch will not be finished until end of April.

the emulator fairy is putting the work in, dont worry
There are several fairies, and the one caring for graphics portion of this emu is MIA, we need him to come back or someone else take his place..

Wasn't Adventus the one taking care of the gfx-plugin?

His last post on gp32x.de says:

I have tracked down the source of the Zelda regression in gles2n64, but with my pandora playing up i haven't been able to make a proper fix (I do however have a hack that works). Anyway I'll reflash my firmware, see if that fixes my problems....

...and according to Pickle he is waiting for his pandora "he paid for". So I guess when he gets it we might see a bugfix of the Zelda OoT.

Last edited by a moderator:
the emulator fairy is putting the work in, dont worry
There are several fairies, and the one caring for graphics portion of this emu is MIA, we need him to come back or someone else take his place..

Wasn't Adventus the one taking care of the gfx-plugin?

His last post on gp32x.de says:

I have tracked down the source of the Zelda regression in gles2n64, but with my pandora playing up i haven't been able to make a proper fix (I do however have a hack that works). Anyway I'll reflash my firmware, see if that fixes my problems....

...and according to Pickle he is waiting for his pandora "he paid for". So I guess when he gets it we might see a bugfix of the Zelda OoT.
Is he still around though? (I seen that his last post was August 29 2010 but the last time he was on was January 26 2011) I'm glad to hear that though and maybe it will fix up Paper Mario too :p because both the Zelda's, Paper Mario, and Mario 64 are the main games that I want to work on this; I have a lot more that would be nice to but those are my favorites.

I believe Craig is talking about the pandoras that went to ZodTTD, DaveC, skeezix... As far as I remeber he said something like that those days. It would be intressting to know why adventus doesn't get a new pandora sponsored. Does he refuse or is it just a matter of costs? If it's "just" money, why not opening a dev-fund explicitly for dev - premiums? I myself would certainly be more motivated in donating into the dev-fund if there would be a more certain plan about how to use the cents of it.

I didn't know Pickles unit had issues because he didn't tell me. I can't possibly keep up with everything, if he sends me his order number I'll send his unit today.

Pickle? I thought we're talking about Adventus?!? Pickle just reported, that Adventus is waiting for his pandora. :blink:

I didn't know Pickles unit had issues because he didn't tell me. I can't possibly keep up with everything, if he sends me his order number I'll send his unit today.

Nope no serious issues with mine. If your interested in getting ahold of Adventus let me know and I can give you contact info.

Back