Question About The Battery Of The Pandora

ninjamonkey

Still Fresh
I'm curious how many cells is the battery being used to power it. Also, have you guys tested how long the battery life is?

Last edited by a moderator:
'How cells are being used to power it"? Well, they connect them to the negative and positive terminals.

No, they have not tested the battery life yet. They have, however, made a rough estimate using battery life guessing monkeys, so we are in good hands. These are the best battery monkeys money can buy.

They said it's around 8 or 9 hours with the processor at full speed but no wireless.
I forget the load and screen brightness.

Try googling it.

"site: www.gp32x.de/board pandora battery test"

'lulzfish' said:
They said it's around 8 or 9 hours with the processor at full speed but no wireless.
I forget the load and screen brightness.

Try googling it.

"site: www.gp32x.de/board pandora battery test"
Full load ( @500Mhz ) running the snes emulator was 8.5hours, if i remember correctly. There was no information on the screens brightness.

How did they calculate the rest? I don't think they've actually played music for 100 hours yet.

There's only one cell, it's custom built to fit the Pandora.

protobatt_thumb.jpg

I have a very serious question, but I don't believe it was ever answered. Can you use it in the following manner:

Charge it while playing it, then unplug it while it is still on, keep going, and then plug it in while its still on and then shut it off? Can it do the power switching?

It would be very strange if it couldn't switch power sources while running.
Also keep in mind that it can charge over DC cable or USB, but the USB is not powerful enough to charge it and play at the same time.

Kekerot said:
Linear algebra.

Magic! [/quote]

Actually, Sphinxter's not kidding. You can extrapolate the capability of the device to run based off of the watt-hours of the battery, the load at full tilt (and then verify that you're right, which they've done...), and then extrapolate the life based off of the load when you bring it down to just the display, flash and DSP on the SoC.

100 hours is probably a bit enthusiastic because you've got charge leakage in the battery going on while you're doing that. I'd say 80-ish might be more believable if the power consumptions what I'm of the understanding it'll be when we put it into that mode. We're fielding an insane amount of battery for a basic media player (think the little handhelds that get 20-ish on a charge...)- something like 4-5 times the battery that they field there.

Back