Question regarding the stylus

Asatiir

Since I got the Open Pandora I've had a little pet peeve about the stylus, for some reason it feels a little too sharp for the screen. Personally I'm not sure of how durable the screen is to the kind of punishment it's supposed to get as a resistive screen. It seems to work alright when it's just tapping items but dragging and flicking (DS games) I tend to worry a little about scratching it. My question is, will the Pyra have a new stylus or will it be using the same on the Open Pandora has? at first I thought I got a faulty stylus the first time, but when I changed the casing's color the other stylus still felt too sharp for the screen.

To my luck the regular 3DS stylus fits the the stylus holder perfectly fine, am I the only person worrying about this?

Since I got the Open Pandora I've had a little pet peeve about the stylus, for some reason it feels a little too sharp for the screen. Personally I'm not sure of how durable the screen is to the kind of punishment it's supposed to get as a resistive screen. It seems to work alright when it's just tapping items but dragging and flicking (DS games) I tend to worry a little about scratching it. My question is, will the Pyra have a new stylus or will it be using the same on the Open Pandora has? at first I thought I got a faulty stylus the first time, but when I changed the casing's color the other stylus still felt too sharp for the screen.

To my luck the regular 3DS stylus fits the the stylus holder perfectly fine, am I the only person worrying about this?
The stylus is made of 2 halves put together. The "sharpness" is due to the halves being slightly misaligned. The ones on your Pandoras should be just fine if you sand them down a bit.

As for on the Pyra, I doubt EvilDragon will use the exact same ones, however I'm sure that the process that makes them will be similar, so there's a possibility it could happen again.

-God Ginrai

"Scribbling" on a piece of paper has been recommended to smooth out the end of the stylus just a bit in the past.

At work I found some extremely fine grit sandpaper that did a nice job of smoothing out the stylist.

Damn I hate my phone.. or myself for not checking what it fills in.

Last edited by a moderator:
The N900 doesn't fill-in text for you. It has a real keyboard. Just in case anyone is interested.

Also if you use sandpaper, be sure to clean the stylus very well. wouldnt want any grit to scratch the screen.

Since the very beginning I use a toothpick as a stylus ;-) so I can get

- fine resolution for small checkpoints

- quick access, because I put it on the keyboard and close the lid when finished

- if got lost or broken I have another cheap and quick 

Since the very beginning I use a toothpick as a stylus ;-) so I can get

- fine resolution for small checkpoints

- quick access, because I put it on the keyboard and close the lid when finished

- if got lost or broken I have another cheap and quick 
There are a few DSs laying around the house with broken touch screens because of toothpicks... If it's working for you, then more power to you but be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back