Stylus

What about including something like a plastic thimble, just with a tipped end?

That should help to use the screen with your finger without leaving fingertips on the screen.

EDIT: Perhaps not a good idea to include a thimble, as every user will have different finger sizes, and that would add to the production costs :D

I hope that a pre-applied screen protector is included because they're so blasted hard to get on without having air bubbles everywhere. I refuse to touch the screen with anything before it's nice and safe behind a screen protector. Scratches aren't usually visible while a screen is on anyways, but I like to keep my devices unscathed and shiny.

Maybe I'm just overprotective :X

Perhaps not a good idea to include a thimble, as every user will have different finger sizes, and that would add to the production costs :D

I thought about a short, 1-2cm stylus with a small strap(similar to a watch strap) attached so you could hold onto the stylus while you're using the buttons. I might make one just to see what it's like

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Since I hate styluses I hope all the software will also work via touch and this is something I'll be encouraging as much as possible :)
Because nobody wants Fingerprints onto the Screen, you should include one of these little "Thumb nubs" from the NDS. I hope, the Pandora will have a wrist strap so this plastic nub could be attached to it like Nintendo did. :) If a Game needs action conrols onto the Touchscreen ( in vertical mode?) such a finger-thing is also very useful.

I think it would be quite clever if they make the Pandora stylus exactly the same as the DS Lite stylus in terms of dimensions... That way, you can easily find working replacements, and there are a wealth of nice upgrade styluses already available on the market...

Last edited by a moderator:
PlopperZ said:
Perhaps not a good idea to include a thimble, as every user will have different finger sizes, and that would add to the production costs :D

I thought about a short, 1-2cm stylus with a small strap(similar to a watch strap) attached so you could hold onto the stylus while you're using the buttons. I might make one just to see what it's like
"The Pandora is delivered with a battery charger, a TV-out cable and a 2cm strap-on"

*scrubs brain with lye*

I'm certainly glad that the Pandora has a touch screen, but I hope devs don't rely on it for interfaces. I mean, I hope that apps will still have menues which you can navigate with the dpad etc...

Pleng said:
I'm certainly glad that the Pandora has a touch screen, but I hope devs don't rely on it for interfaces. I mean, I hope that apps will still have menues which you can navigate with the dpad etc...
Same here. I'm not a touch screen fan.

I love solid metal styli. It would be great if one came with the Pandora. Depends on the cost I guess... Maybe production of the styli could be outsourced to http://www.pdapanache.com/ or some other experienced stylus maker?
I'm also a fan of using my finger on touchscreens but it doesn't always make sense. Especially in games, you often need to see as much as possible and thus a finger gets in the way. A thin stylus lets you see much more of what's going on, especially at the area you are touching. Also I'm not sure the Pandora's screen is placed that well for finger use... Should work well in portrait, though.

Back