Stylus Questions

DixieDawg

Still Fresh
Sorry if this has already been answered but a quick search brought up similar questions but I never found a definitive answer. Is the stylus going to be plastic or metal? And more importantly, are there extras available to order? Yes, I'm sure there will be in the future but I was hoping to go ahead and order them with the rest of my stuff if I could.

Just from looking at the videos (and I believe it was mentioned by one of the devs somewhere), it's a plastic stylus. No idea on getting extras.

WizardStan said:
Bigun said:
Is it possible to tether the stylus to the unit?
that sounds like a very bad idea.
Ummm, no it's not, if the tether is a long "springy" cord, it should usable and you can't lose it.

I'm not saying stop production and give us tethers, I'm only asking if the option is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so - but you can stash it away when you don't need it. ;)

That's actually possible, there's a compartment for the stylus according to MWeston's most recent videos.

I thought metal won the vote...? Will at least one extra be included like with the DS so we aren't SOL if we loose the first one?

I can't wait to NOT use the stylus.
With the joydiscs and game control pad and keys, I plan to set up my interface to make the stylus superfluous.
It will be much easier, in my opinion, to just hold the Pandora with both hands and navigate the programs with both thumbs.
I try to use my Nokia 770 tablet this way, though there are several operations which require use of the stylus.

Eniko said:
Personally if DS styli fit, and I'm assuming they do, then I have like five spares already. >_>
Very unlikely, no two devices styli are the same. Heck take the DS for example, the old DS and DS lite! Not sure about the DSi, but I bet that uses different styli again.

Eniko said:
Personally if DS styli fit, and I'm assuming they do, then I have like five spares already.
As nice as it would have been to copy an existing stylus for easy off-the-shelf replacements, it is too dangerous from a patent perspective. Nintendo and other companies patent their stylus designs so nobody can make knockoffs without paying a licensing fee. The Pandora stylus, like styli for other devices, is proprietary.

Chip said:
As nice as it would have been to copy an existing stylus for easy off-the-shelf replacements, it is too dangerous from a patent perspective. Nintendo and other companies patent their stylus designs so nobody can make knockoffs without paying a licensing fee. The Pandora stylus, like styli for other devices, is proprietary.

I really shouldn't be surprised that people patent making a pen-shaped plastic object in a certain specific shape, but yet I am. Guess I'm not cynical enough yet.

Chip said:
It's plastic. Replacements will be available to order.
how long will be the final Pandora Stylus? Looks a little bit small onto the Video. For Example, I find the NDS Stylus ways to short for my big hands.

fusion_power said:
how long will be the final Pandora Stylus? Looks a little bit small onto the Video. For Example, I find the NDS Stylus ways to short for my big hands.
My opinion is that it looks big enough. Looks nearly same long as Pandora wide and acceptable thickness. I order or make metal one anyway.

lulzfish said:
So I can't compile my own Pandora stylus?

RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Well, at least it runs open software, right? You take what you can get.
Oh no, you can make it. But only for educational purposes

Back