The Stylus And The Lcd

'borgqueenx' said:
damn so its not really a touch screen but actually a bunch of buttons :p

thats to bad, but its only a small downside :)
No... It IS a touchscreen. In fact, it is more so than that one on the iPhone, because ANYTHING can touch it, not just fingers, which means that it truly is a screen that activates when something "touches" it.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
'God Ginrai' said:
'borgqueenx' said:

No... It IS a touchscreen. In fact, it is more so than that one on the iPhone, because ANYTHING can touch it, not just fingers, which means that it truly is a screen that activates when something "touches" it.

-God Ginrai

Actually, I would rather call the iPhone-screen (capacitor touch) a "touchscreen" and the Pandora-screen (resistive touch) a "presscreen". Reason? Well, you only need to touch the iPhone (eg come physically in contact with a finger), but you need to press the Pandora (any thing will work fine).
But well, that's just me. The important part is that you realise there IS a difference between resistive (two layers beeing pressed) and capacitive (feeling the prescence of an temporary electronstorage like a finger).

'Balzac2m' said:
perhaps you gotta do it yourself if nobody else needs this feature but it shouldn't be hard.
Uhm...If I could do it myself I guess I wouldn't need to ask the question? LOL
I have about 30-60 minutes of linux usage experience combined with no clue how the OS works...me thinks that might be kinda hard :D

Also I would think that could be handy for a lot of people even if like in my case you really might only need it once or twice a month or so...it's not so much about how often you need it or how many people need it as much as how useful it can be when it is needed...I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel that the Pandora itself is really something ony you or I need so why do it right?

It was just a thought, as others said, always looking for more ways to get the most out of my machine...

'GuSec' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
'borgqueenx' said:

-God Ginrai

Actually, I would rather call the iPhone-screen (capacitor touch) a "touchscreen" and the Pandora-screen (resistive touch) a "presscreen". Reason? Well, you only need to touch the iPhone (eg come physically in contact with a finger), but you need to press the Pandora (any thing will work fine).
But well, that's just me. The important part is that you realise there IS a difference between resistive (two layers beeing pressed) and capacitive (feeling the prescence of an temporary electronstorage like a finger).

You don't have to fucking press it. You can just touch it. This really shouldn't be that complicated :(.

'Username' said:
You don't have to f**king press it. You can just touch it. This really shouldn't be that complicated :(.
I agree. It is shocking what anxious folks with too much time on their hands will engage in.

'GuSec' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
'borgqueenx' said:

-God Ginrai

First of all, Username is right. You only have to touch a resistive touch screen. Second, the iPhone screen is not just "touch" and go. It is "touch" if you have the right body chemistry. That goddamn iPhone never registers my touches no matter how hard or how soft I press the damn thing, whereas my friend is registered just fine. Resistive touchscreens however do not depend on such factors and thereby do not "lock out" a variety of users like the iPhone does. I have other friends who have the same problem with the iPhone screen.

-God Ginrai

Just once I'd like a played-out topic to simply drop off the front page and die a natural death instead of having to be locked for bickering over something stupid.

'lingenfr' said:
'Username' said:
You don't have to f**king press it. You can just touch it. This really shouldn't be that complicated :(.
I agree. It is shocking what anxious folks with too much time on their hands will engage in.

I'm not anxious or making it complicated (if I were I apologize). I just wanted to clear up two different types since it obviously existed some kind of confusion regarding the subject in this very thread.
If you don't agree with me and think it's pointless it's totally fine, but I'm one of those people who like to go to the depth of the technique involved!
We don't have to get upset guys! :)

'Chip' said:
Just once I'd like a played-out topic to simply drop off the front page and die a natural death instead of having to be locked for bickering over something stupid.
If you leave them long enough most threqads DO die out, from my experience. But if you lock them becuase they are showing signs of topic drift then few threads will last far beyond the original post. If only becuase people interpret the world (in other words absolutely everything) individually/differently. If we didn't, there would be no point in posting - every question would already be answered or be unanswerable, every point already understood or incomprehensible. Threads exist only because we are all unique, individual beings.

What some call "topic drift", others call "conversation". I have rarely (never?) witnessed any real-life conversation that remained entirely on the opening topic.

'Monk' said:
'Chip' said:
If you leave them long enough most threqads DO die out, from my experience. But if you lock them becuase they are showing signs of topic drift then few threads will last far beyond the original post. If only becuase people interpret the world (in other words absolutely everything) individually/differently. If we didn't, there would be no point in posting - every question would already be answered or be unanswerable, every point already understood or incomprehensible. Threads exist only because we are all unique, individual beings.

What some call "topic drift", others call "conversation". I have rarely (never?) witnessed any real-life conversation that remained entirely on the opening topic.

+1

-God Ginrai

Back