Quick-boot Mode

Chip said:
fusion_power said:
512MB? :blink:
Currently I have a 1GB and a 2GB SD Card and because the Pandora will cost a good bunch of Money I have to live with my 2 SD's for a while. 50MB maybe but I doubt that such type of "swap file" is good onto SD's. AFAIK SD's are sensitive for to much writing cycles and can reduce the life of the Cards.
A Area onto the NAND of the Pandora is a much better place for the STD option. :)
You would only need enough space on the card to make an image of the RAM. In this case, only 128MB.

The internal storage is a terrible place to suspend to. All flash storage is susceptible to failure after a certain number of writes. Which would you rather have go bad a few years down the line - a cheap and easily replaceable SD card or the non-replaceable internal flash storage?

Sorry about the 512 estimate, for some reason I thought the Pandora had more than 128MB >_>..

And I've done some research into flash memory, and its more possible that you'll lose the damned SD, or have the Pandora 4 ( ;) ), by the time the write limit is actually going to be a problem anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back