Quick Help Please, Installing Drivers For Card

bast525

So um... I got this disk with my 12 in 1 or 6 in one or whatever it is card reader writer, but I'm not clear as to exactly what software I need to install with it.

when I explore the disk, even in the root directory there are five folders:

1394-ide
gl816e
nd3260
PCI&CARDBUS USB 2.0
USB2.0-IDE

In each folder are sub folders, usually for windows or mac.

I'm runnign windows 98 with usb 1.0

what do I install to use this thing?

no nothing ... heh but I figured it out, or rather, windows figured it out. I just plugged the thing in, Windows saw the usb device, and I let it pick the right drivers out itself.

I'm stupid for not thinking of that sooner.

but I gotta say one thing here... um... this card reader isn't really that fast :(

someone told me that, using the GP as the writer itself, would take like 5 mins to write 128MB. Well I'm copying over like 10MB of stuff right now and it's taking like 10 mins :( I do something wrong?

bast525 posted on Dec 14 2004 at 08:20 PM said:
someone told me that, using the GP as the writer itself, would take like 5 mins to write 128MB. Well I'm copying over like 10MB of stuff right now and it's taking like 10 mins :( I do something wrong?
Copying 128MB directly to the gp32 over usb will take a hell of a lot longer than 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
a couple days ago i had to manually re-install the driver and this is how i did it:

Start > control panel
Administrative Tools > Device Manager > USB controllers
Click on the GP32 USB and specify the driver

im running win XP

bast525 posted on Dec 14 2004 at 10:20 PM said:

Well, the GP is slow because it uses USB 1.0, where most card readers either run with USB 2.0 or, even better, as PCMCIA or PCI card.

As you are using USB 1.0 for your card reader, it won't be much faster.

Still, it's more stable, and as soon as you get a new computer, your transfers will fly :)

Last edited:
That explains it then... yeah I'm using USB 1.0 on my (not so) old computer. Man I hate the world of computers, really I do.

Back