Quick Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOne

Still Fresh
Why was the Google Checkout, post pre-order post:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47820

Deleted? Did a Pandora team member do it?

More to the point, why now is the supposedly independant "unnoficial blog" now also missing it's post?

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/05/2...oogle-checkout/

I didn't archive the thread, but I have an archive of the unofficial post archived here:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=d5a...6adee652a0ebce5

Why was the thread deleted, and why the unofficial blog deleted?

You can delete this post and from this email, but if you do, expect more post from different IPs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit card ordering has not resumed. I removed the blog post once I had established that fact, because it gave the impression that an announcement had been made. Taking it down was 100% my call.

OK, your call on your blog.

Why did someone delete the the thread (the info was true and sound). It is clear that there were new orders, the cut of (made many times, and not followed), wasn't true. There were frequently posts by craig or chip of an urgency, that "this is it, get your orders in", and that clearly wasn't the case.

So, the above aside, why delete the thread? Why do you deny that urgency was created by the PR person or the manufacturer. Why do you deny that a false sense of urgency was pushed?

Oh, I'm sure OP has an urgency for orders, but it was a lie to say to their customers that the urgency was the customer's urgency (marketing). Does that fit in their *public* image model? Don't they propose to be an open project, before being a *marketing machine*, especially to the pre-orders, the original adopters. Isn't the point that the early adopters are treated with a non-marketing approach. Dealt with a certain respect, that they can trust what OP was telling them.

That OP wouldn't go all marketing on them and feed them a line, just to get their early orders?

Oh I am sure the Pandora will ship...but the methods used after the first pre-order are full Marketing, urgency, and sales tactics. Not what most signed on for.

I posted the original thread and it was deleted without reason. Does anyone know why it was deleted?

ok, I understand about removing the post from the "unofficial" blog since it made it sound like an announcement, but I don't think the original thread should've been deleted. I was simply trying to find out if others received the same email message and trying to determine if the email was legit. In addition, it seemed like others have already paid through google checkout in the past few weeks.

Yes, I could've contacted pandora directly, but posting on these boards is a quick way to get a response from pandora community.

overjupiter posted on May 21 2009 at 01:21 AM said:
I posted the original thread and it was deleted without reason. Does anyone know why it was deleted?

ok, I understand about removing the post from the "unofficial" blog since it made it sound like an announcement, but I don't think the original thread should've been deleted. I was simply trying to find out if others received the same email message and trying to determine if the email was legit. In addition, it seemed like others have already paid through google checkout in the past few weeks.

Yes, I could've contacted pandora directly, but posting on these boards is a quick way to get a response from pandora community.
I also wonder that. Unless your email had a tag saying "this is confidential", there was no reason to delete it's copy. I suspect one of the associated moderators deleted it. Much like I believe this will be deleted. Hell, even the "unnoficial blog" entry on the subject was deleted, but like I posted, you can at least get that here:

Edit: I can't help if the free services I find at random are unreliable, but this should be better:
Deleted link

And I have the full internet to repost it. I only wish I was around for the original thread, to make a copy too.

Don't you think you're overblowing the conspiracy theory a little much? "The full internet to repost it" as if you're preparing to take down some megalomaniacal super power. Don't you think you could at least give them the chance to explain before making threats?

I felt there was something untoward about the simultaneous vanishment of the blog post and the thread myself. It's my belief, apparently not shared by the moderators here, that if a post (much less an entire thread!) is going to be deleted, the moderator in question should at least PM the poster with a reason, unless it's something like obvious spam or repeated trolling, which is clearly not the case here.

The blog is a different issue, but even there I think it would have been more reasonable to update the entry with a notice (in suitably brightly colored text) that this should be considered speculative in the absence of official confirmation than to disappear it entirely.

WizardStan posted on May 21 2009 at 01:35 AM said:
Don't you think you're overblowing the conspiracy theory a little much? "The full internet to repost it" as if you're preparing to take down some megalomaniacal super power. Don't you think you could at least give them the chance to explain before making threats?
I never said anything of a conspiracy, I just posted some thought based on what I saw. They had a few days to provide something, so no. As for threat? I only threatened to repost copies of things that were already available (and yet somehow deleted). That is no threat unless there is something to threaten.

A few days? The thread was deleted maybe 14 hours ago.

My opinion is that an email regarding a commercial transaction should remain the business of the sender and the recipient, and no one else. That's why I deleted the blog post rather than update it with a correction.

NoOne posted on May 20 2009 at 09:45 PM said:
I never said anything of a conspiracy, I just posted some thought based on what I saw.
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, tastes like a duck, it doesn't have to say "Hey! I'm a duck" for me to know it's not a goose.

is going to be deleted, the moderator in question should at least PM the poster with a reason, unless it's something like obvious spam or repeated trolling, which is clearly not the case here.
The blog is a different issue, but even there I think it would have been more reasonable to update the entry with a notice (in suitably brightly colored text) that this should be considered speculative in the absence of official confirmation than to disappear it entirely.

Thank you, my point exactly.

WizardStan posted on May 21 2009 at 01:35 AM said:
Try this then
Deleted Unnoficial Blog

Gruso posted on May 21 2009 at 01:50 AM said:
A few days? The thread was deleted maybe 14 hours ago.

My opinion is that an email regarding a commercial transaction should remain the business of the sender and the recipient, and no one else. That's why I deleted the blog post rather than update it with a correction.
And again you avoid the point that they said "this is the end of the preorder". Oops, no not yet, this is, no wait, this is, but no Visas... now this is... and 2 months later after they didn't make more than maybe 2500-3200 orders... no now this is the final pre order with visa.

Oh and we don't like that you know this, so we're going to have all threads deleted on a forum we aren't in control of, but someone else is. Oh and that unofficial blog entry is gone too. But we're not biased. Even when we do marketing work on the forums or other things.

If there is no disclaimer that it is privilege, then it is not. Your thoughts don't come into it, he had every right to post it. An email is not private, there are any number of courts that ruled this way.

Ok, now you're ranting, multi-quoting and repeating yourself. No good can come of this.

I agree that overjupiter should have been PM'd about his thread. There's not really anything else I can add to this one.

it's a conspiracy! the mods are against us!
chad78 posted on Jul 18 2008 at 06:31 PM said:
You damn mods hide behind your power and act like you have the right to do what you want - ban me - I don't care - you won't hide the fact that you are white washing the boards - anything you don't like - you just delete - or move without even a word or without even leaving the title were I put it. If you are within your rights and doing what's best for the board - why don't you at least take credti for it? Damn coward.

QUOTE (NoOne)
And again you avoid the point that they said "this is the end of the preorder". Oops, no not yet, this is, no wait, this is, but no Visas... now this is... and 2 months later after they didn't make more than maybe 2500-3200 orders... no now this is the final pre order with visa.

Oh and we don't like that you know this, so we're going to have all threads deleted on a forum we aren't in control of, but someone else is. Oh and that unofficial blog entry is gone too. But we're not biased. Even when we do marketing work on the forums or other things.

EEEEK THEY'RE SELLING HANDHELD GAME PLAYERS!!!
has cow

Xian Long posted on May 20 2009 at 07:18 PM said:
it's a conspiracy! the mods are against us!
chad78 posted on Jul 18 2008 at 06:31 PM said:
You damn mods hide behind your power and act like you have the right to do what you want - ban me - I don't care - you won't hide the fact that you are white washing the boards - anything you don't like - you just delete - or move without even a word or without even leaving the title were I put it. If you are within your rights and doing what's best for the board - why don't you at least take credti for it? Damn coward.
Good quote of conspiracy theorists, and that guy may be mildly retarded, pardon the french. I still think, wtf why did the other guy's thread get deleted?

NoOne posted on May 20 2009 at 09:01 PM said:
If there is no disclaimer that it is privilege, then it is not. Your thoughts don't come into it, he had every right to post it. An email is not private, there are any number of courts that ruled this way.
will you be my bf
yes no (circle one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back