Quick Sd Card Slot Question

zektor

I am really enjoying my new toy, but I do have to say that I got a little nervous last night after I removed the card to add some items (is it me or is transferring through USB extremely SLOW?) and inserting it into my nice fast card reader. Added some goodies, removed and then could not get it back in the Caanoo! It just would not click down into place the first few times I tried. I thought the slot broke and nearly had a heart attack. Well, after pushing it WAY down into the unit, it clicked right in place. I tested it a few more times and it indeed works fine, but you really have to push it DOWN into the console, almost to the point that my fat fingers can barely touch the SD card.

Is this normal? I mean, it does work as it should, but it seems the SD slot is recessed down into the console a little more than it should.

Ahh, good to know. One thing to put my mind at rest and move on to bigger and better things. Thanks for the info!

zektor, sebt3, can you post your caanoo production/serial number? (maybe they almost in same batch) // Device Information from Settings in Caanoo Main Menu

No, it is not a flaw at all. It just takes some getting used to and it is how the system is built. I am already actually used to pushing the SD card down further in to have it click in. It's a whole lot safer :) No worries about the slot becoming damaged, as it is the toughest slot I have ever felt. It is all good and the Caanoo love continues. I ordered a second one because I love it so much. Bar none the best handheld I have owned.

I haven't noticed any speed issues with mine, but the SD cards can be a pain to remove or even insert; I often have to use another SD card just to click it in.

Speed is fine. Class 4 seems to be perfect for the device as far as my testing goes. But yeah, I am almost to the point to simply use another SD card to get this one in and out ;)

Back