Rainbow Panda

Excellent. :) The blue is a great new element.

To those who just want a traditional rainbow spectrum: there is style and purpose in the existing colour scheme, and traylorpark certainly knows what he's doing in my opinion.

If all art was done in primary colours, we'd be living in a garish, tasteless world. Like America.

:p

Like the imagery in gernal, liked the "blue clouds" introducing blue without changing the "Pandora Rainbow", like the ribbon escaping form Pandora's box and going bouncing off on it's own way...

I even believe we might be able to stray back to topic, for a while at least :)

Just colors doesn't me feel that it is rainbow

I wouldn't have said the point is to look exactly like a rainbow, the point is to create a striking image that works well with the product. It has the retro feel of the 80's consoles combined with a smarter, more up to date image. For me there's still something very stylish about it I can't quite describe...it's something to do with the dark greyish background... and the clean-cut, washed-out tones. It's both subtle and faded and clear, like levis or something.

However, although I know you're just exploring atm traylorpark, and I like the bouncy curly ribbon a lot, it reminds me of some sort of candy, I'm not really sure where you're going with the latest image. It looks a bit strange having a box and ribbon that are completely 2D, with zero perspective, suddenly have a lot of perspective, and the way it goes straight up out of the box, then bends and goes down again (up-right-down-perspective) doesn't really seem quite right to me. Maybe if the ribbon fell straight over the edge of the box and piled up in a heap? But then you loose the very striking straight lines and some of the association with the rainbow lines of retro consoles. However, something like this might work well for an animation, flying up straight out of the box and then falling in a heap or similar.

Just my opinion of course, I'm no expert, and I don't know if I've properly explained my thoughts! (And I do really like it all - plus it's not like I could do better!)

Edit:

Aw yeah, I'm back on topic!

No need to be like that Gruso. If it wasn't for America you'd be all "Hail Hitler!". :p

I hope traylorpark figures out what is missing. It's looking interesting.

traylorpark said:
Here is a quick image from my latest train of thought. Its not a final anything and still has some balance issues. However, I am considering this an indication of a direction I might want to go (whatever that means).

http://www.traylorpark.com/files/pandora/design/explodingribbon.jpg[img]

I am thankful to you folks for the amount of attention my efforts have received. The critiques are great and very encouraging![/quote]Bah! Leave the heart! It really adds to the whole thing, 'cause after all, we all love OpenPandora! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
adamorjames said:
No need to be like that Gruso. If it wasn't for America you'd be all "Hail Hitler!". :p

I hope traylorpark figures out what is missing. It's looking interesting.
A. Gruso is an Aussie, so he'd be more, "Sayonara" than anything German :p

B. He does kind of have a point with American brands and primary colours

http://scrapbook.citizen-citizen.com/subje...ands/index.html

Here is a quick image from my latest train of thought. Its not a final anything and still has some balance issues. However, I am considering this an indication of a direction I might want to go (whatever that means).

explodingribbon.jpg

I am thankful to you folks for the amount of attention my efforts have received. The critiques are great and very encouraging!

Very nice, Would be good to see the colour band maybe make something rather tahn a squiggle e.g it splits up and the different colours form different generic items e.g light green an envelope outline, pink a joystick, one a calandar one a wifi logo ect

or if thats to busy maybe just one 'icon' made of the ifferent strands.

God Ginrai said:
Miknal said:
A. Gruso is an Aussie, so he'd be more, "Sayonara" than anything German :p
Sayonara is japanese...

Exactly. Had the Axis won WWII, Japan would most likely have taken control over Australia and much of the rest of the southern hemisphere.
People often seem eager to decry Germany for their role in WWII, but forget there were actually 3 countries on that side of the war initially. Almost everyone glosses over Italy entirely.

What if you had the ribbon part of the rainbow come straight out of the box logo, then it would end up straightening out horizontally to underline the word "Pandora"?

These graphics are really nice, but I do agree, I could live without the hearts.

I like the rainbow, but I'm not in love with the brown theme, it's all a bit too Zune-like for me.

It's funny, as part of the whole original logo design thread a while back, I did some box design and game packaging too. It all matched my original logo though, not the new one but I'm currently pulling it all together for my website so I'll let you know when there's something to look at...

Nice work!

®

Needz more unicorns.

PBF103-Nice_Shirt.gif

2007-09-14-happy-pink-unicorn.jpg

Admittedly, a good thing about the rainbow design is the homage to the Apple/Sinclair etc retro designs (posted earlier). And the lack of pink or baby blue.

574091201263040.jpg

I've now totally ripped off this image, in Fireworks no less, and am using it as my desktop background. I think mine's better, too :D Somewhat tentative to post it up, as it's a flagrant near-copy but I'll no doubt fold and do a 800*480 version with Pandora branding.

P.S. Unicorns are awesome!

Gun, mushrooms, teddy bear, clouds. Quit taking the mushrooms. ;)

Something along those would make a cool box though.

The lone blue heart now looks a little misplaced. Also, the outline shapes don't mix well with the solid ones IMO. Maybe also reduce the total number of shapes a little. Still, an interesting thing to experiment with.
Can we get a fish in there? :D

And use Pandora font (http://gadgetoid.com/pandora/PandoraTheFont.jpg) for the "Open" :D

I should probably save the letters out as .ai or .svg or .eps or something a little more standard than naff Fireworks PNGs.

Back