Ran Out Of Boards?

I think they have been stockpiling all last week and waiting for any other niggles to arise from the first few so that they can make sure that everything is getting caught at assembly.

At the moment i reckon only about 100-150 have been shipped, but Craig has said hundreds will be going out this week, so there will be a lot of happy people (myself included) this week.

Here it comes.

http://pandorapress.net/2010/05/31/the-weekend-in-review/comment-page-1/#comment-14102

0JKXX.jpg

Weird... I was between 350-450 ... would think if they produced 700 I would have received a shipping confirmation email.

MooTheKow said:
Weird... I was between 350-450 ... would think if they produced 700 I would have received a shipping confirmation email.

Many were finished this past weekend, which was a long weekend that they wouldn't have been able to ship during.

Last edited by a moderator:
cappuchok said:
Which sort of begs the question: how many have been shipped? I'm somewhere around the 350 mark in the order line, and haven't recieved a shipping confirmation email, so I'm guessing they're shipping in small batches to have time to test the units.

Bosbeetle said:
So it's pretty safe to say that mine's done. (250-350)

MooTheKow said:

I'm in the 200-300 range from craigx and still no "shipping confirmation email".
so I'm the #4 in this thread waiting for this email.

sebt3 said:
cappuchok said:
Which sort of begs the question: how many have been shipped? I'm somewhere around the 350 mark in the order line, and haven't recieved a shipping confirmation email, so I'm guessing they're shipping in small batches to have time to test the units.

Bosbeetle said:

MooTheKow said:

I'm in the 200-300 range from craigx and still no "shipping confirmation email".

And the 4 of us probably get it around the same time :) patience is a virtue

cappuchok said:
Bosbeetle said:
MooTheKow said:
sebt3 said:
Don't forget they're doing extensive quality control checking now.
Craig only said they'd finished them, not that they'd all been tested.

Aninhumer said:
Don't forget they're doing extensive quality control checking now.
Craig only said they'd finished them, not that they'd all been tested.

You see i worried about this

this means several units could have minor yet very annoying flaws
They would probably be too demotivated (and even then it bad to take so many apart again)
to put the working parts into the other pandoras, so one or two pandoras have all the minor flaws

right that wasnt as clear as i was wanting

anyway hes on the floor im not

people remember that ED also took preorders!

so you have to split a bit your place.

emcp said:
this means several units could have minor yet very annoying flaws
They would probably be too demotivated (and even then it bad to take so many apart again)
to put the working parts into the other pandoras, so one or two pandoras have all the minor flaws
There have been very few unfixable flaws so far.
The only one is that a small number of them have been found to have one broken nub, and Craig was even saying those can probably be fixed when they have time later.

are we saying they had a 50% failure ratio???

iirc they had about 1400-1500 boards.!!!! (1)
only completed 700 units?

need confirmation on (1)!.

DroneB Dev said:

People should try to read the thread before posting in it.
They had 700 in UK, 800 more populated (no location specified), somebody assumed in UK. Looks like they were in Texas....
EDIT: I checked the link (duh). ED said in the blog about as above. Craig posted that they have parts for 1500. I didnt see that one coming...

They never had 1500

i reading the posts which mentioned 1500 and the following comments made by people, they got it totally incorrect

they had 700, there were abouts 1500 boards made (i believe) but werent shipped

that means the rest are shipping thursday/friday (according to craigs twitter)

also i know there been very few unfixable flaws
but what i was, was the ones which are fixable are going to have to be dissembled again to be fixed
You know the way it is with things, when theyve been assembled its best to leave it that way

anyway no biggy (i wasnt moaning)

No, apparently the last 800 of the 1500 units hadn't shipped yet. I understood that those arrive end of this week (Thu/Fri). The 700 units finished are the ones that required the resistor patch.

<edit>Hmmm...ninjas...</edit>

I'm seriously worried about the time it will take for the cases to finish and the lack of news on production of the boards suggests that this isn't processing at such a rapid pace either.

As speculation is rampant again, a small roadmap update of the team would be highly appreciated.
- Have the rest of the cases been ordered? (Would happen this week)
- What is the promised delivery date? (Add 2-4 weeks to get the actual one)
- How is board production processing?
- Estimated time remaining for assembly based on prior experiences under assumption that parts arrive in time (they won't)
- How are the 700 units which have now shipped divided amongst the various shops. (When can customers of ED expect units?)
- What exactly happened to the TV-out cable? (I understood it was an earthquake related delay)
- What defects have you encountered so far and how are you addressing these?
Some answers to this are floating around the board, but it would be good to have a formal and combined answer which we can refer to.

Thanks for all the work so far. Don't forget to take some rest.

urjaman said:
DroneB Dev said:

People should try to read the thread before posting in it.
They had 700 in UK, 800 more populated (no location specified), somebody assumed in UK. Looks like they were in Texas....
EDIT: I checked the link (duh). ED said in the blog about as above. Craig posted that they have parts for 1500. I didnt see that one coming...

people should understand that this board now has more speculation than trolls.
also understand that Cx one liners are bound to any miss interpretation
and that there is no official word so im not the only one that made that mistake

its been the same Sh*t with the Tv out cables and the PSUs and other extra stuff
so save your "People should try to read the thread before posting in it." for people that
really dont read before posting like some other noob in some other thread.

Gruso said:
But it does make it difficult when you have to report/retract these facts on the blog. I'll just do the old report-the-new-info and wait-for-the-questions-about-the-old-info.
Oh lawdy.

Back