Raon Vega Vs Psp

I assume that the money is not an issue with you, since that is a rather expensive (as my wife (girlfriend) would say) "Gameboy". I would rather spend passing my time with the woman in the middle of that picture.

incase you don't know. There is the Raon Digital Everrun now..

You get more ram, 100mhz fast CPU. The ergonomics of the system is getting much better reviews.

But still, it's a Windows XP machine without Direct3D. So only software mode. I'd prefer to get a similar device based on VIAs VX700. Atleast that way you have DX7, so you can atleast play a few old games.

SONY said:
So....it doesn't take CD's and DVD's I figure?
yeah how do you install stuff like virtua cop without the cd?

Last edited by a moderator:
clarky2o2o said:
SONY said:
So....it doesn't take CD's and DVD's I figure?
yeah how do you install stuff like virtua cop without the cd?

Can't he just rip it and install from his Hdd or would that not work? :huh:

Hmm, that does seem like a better deal than the OQO for people who are looking for a lighter PC. I used to have a 500 mhz PC running Windows XP, it kicked ass at playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

Looks like a neat device, but rather thick. Not that I bother, but I could understand the opinion of others if it's too thick. The specifications are nice though.

id think id stick to the psp as you dont NEED access to a pc where as the raon does seem to depend on 1

Some info I got from people who own the VEGA..

Stryker said:
id think id stick to the psp as you dont NEED access to a pc where as the raon does seem to depend on 1
:lol: thats far beyond my worries , PCs there are out the woozah. Not like I live in the mountains or something.

After 2-3 weeks of extensive reasearch. This product is not worth it really, I simulated a similar enviroment with my Dell Optiplex GX100. Alot of games required Direct X regardlessly . On top of that MMX & 3Dnow are useless, they cant reach their potential if there is no 3D hardware. Even with software rendering, alot of the games skip, flash or crash. But I stared my expenses toward something that does meet my requirements,

picture_51.jpg

Samsung Q1U-EL

Processor 600 MHz
RAM 1GB
HDD 40GB
Graphics Processor Intel GMA 950(Direct X9 Support)
OS Provided Microsoft Windows Vista, (Oh No!)

Complete Specs

It may be 1/3 Bigger, but $879 for something that wont meet all my requirements is a no no. $899 is a different, plus this one I can go in anywhere and buy thus eliminating shipping charges. The button layout however, meh ill work with it.

Back