Raspberry Pi - 25 Dollar PC on a USB stick

Mine just arrived, but the PSU hasn't. Also got the T-Shirt (the pi was wrapped up in it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived yesterday :) great little thing... not had much play time yet.. but the weekend is upon me :)

iprice: Do you have a regular android charger? or a blackberry charger ( 5v 700ma ) thats what i`m using :)

A fiver says mine turns up the same week all my new HTPC components arrive. This stupendously first world problem is vexing me in advance.

Mine arrived yesterday :) great little thing... not had much play time yet.. but the weekend is upon me :)

iprice: Do you have a regular android charger? or a blackberry charger ( 5v 700ma ) thats what i`m using :)
No and no. I do have loads of other chargers, but the PSU should be here soon. I probably won't have time to have a play with it for a week or so anyway, so I'm not that worried.

I got back from my vacation earlier, to find my RPi waiting for me. :D

I won't have the time to mess with it for a couple of weeks, though, as I need to get an extra HDMI cable, and the holiday stretched my budget a teeny bit. :lol:

I won't have the time to mess with it for a couple of weeks, though, as I need to get an extra HDMI cable, and the holiday stretched my budget a teeny bit. :lol:

See if you can find £0.99 down the back of the sofa Edit : Looks like that deal is over, see if you can find an extra 2p for this one.

Don't be conned into paying more than a couple of quid for an HDMI cable, I can see no difference in picture quality between a cable bought at poundworld (for £1) and a cable a friend paid £30 for on the recommendation of their 'friendly expert' at a local tv shop.

Indeed - I've spent £2 on a HDMI cable and got exactly the same performance out of it as using my Dad's £20 cable. eBay has very good deals on HDMI cables.

Oh, I know that, chaps. :p I'd just rather leave it 'til next month, since I'll have the time for it then. No sense in getting things together right now.

Probably not - I don't really have the time at the moment, I'm afraid (I haven't even got much time for working on my current sewing project, either, and that's a lot more important :lol: ).

That, and I'll just be using it to make a little server for moving things around the house without USB flash-drives (just because I can, practicality be damned!), which is probably trivial for most folks around here (but new to me). :p

I will say, though, that I really like the little box that it came in - I plan to cut holes in the sides of it for access to the ports.

Mine turned up. All the parts I need for the case have arrived too (the plan has changed since I bought the picture box thing), and my HTPC parts are still a week or two away. So I should be able to get playing with the RPi straight away.

My case is roughly together. Lots of finishing work to be done (final version probably won't include blu-tack) and I'm not using the proper power plug yet.

6rS90.jpg

Album: http://imgur.com/a/f3PBJ

Nice casing choice! :D

I trust that you're putting the 2600-on-a-Chip that was originally in it to good use? ;)

Nice casing choice! :D

I trust that you're putting the 2600-on-a-Chip that was originally in it to good use? ;)
I bought a non-working unit for the purpose (extra cheap of course), so the internals have received a proper burial. In a box in the bin *cough*

The original power switch has been assigned to Pi duties though. Final result:

AQ97Dh.jpg

Album (much the same as the last one): http://imgur.com/a/U8Nds

Cable management courtesy of blu-tack. And my first use of Sugru for mounting the USB hub (and tidying up the awful hole I made in the back for the ports).

Back