Read Only Folder, And Some Other Very Weird Things

bmilleker

Website
bmilleker.misled-life.com
So this is what happened:

I was putting music on my 2x, and it was a rather large transfer of files. Something like 400mb's. I ran out of space, so I thought ok whatever thats fine. I removed some stuff, and then continued to put the last folder on. The last folder transfered very very fast. I unmount the 2x, load up the music player and i noticed the last folder had nothing showing for music files. I went back onto my computer, and for whatever reason I couldn;t mount the 2x. I removed the module ehci_hcd and finally it mounted, but this time its read only. I looked in the last music folder i transfered and it was full of giberish. 207 files, 60gb of giberish. Now im sure your wondering how i got my hands on a 60gb sd card.. .. .. ... well i didn't. Its only a 1gb card, and for whatever reason it shows that i have 60gb in the folder.

Im super pissed at this time, not knowing what to do because the 2x is mounted as read only, so I cant delete the 60gb folder. I unmount the unit. Load up sterm and try to rm -rf * the contents. The folders permissions are read only (yes, even on the 2x). So now im very curious. So i goto the explorer and try to delete things from other folders, and I could.

So it appears the 60gb is the only folder that is read only to the 2x. On my computer, with ehci_hcd unloaded everything becomes readonly.

My system was working wonders before i did this. No unloading of modules was needed for it to mount. Im super super stumped on what to try because i dont have a card reader. Having it as readonly probably wont let me format either.

Any help would be much much appreciated.

bmilleker posted on Dec 28 2005 at 12:16 AM said:
So this is what happened:

I was putting music on my 2x, and it was a rather large transfer of files. Something like 400mb's. I ran out of space, so I thought ok whatever thats fine. I removed some stuff, and then continued to put the last folder on. The last folder transfered very very fast. I unmount the 2x, load up the music player and i noticed the last folder had nothing showing for music files. I went back onto my computer, and for whatever reason I couldn;t mount the 2x. I removed the module ehci_hcd and finally it mounted, but this time its read only. I looked in the last music folder i transfered and it was full of giberish. 207 files, 60gb of giberish. Now im sure your wondering how i got my hands on a 60gb sd card.. .. .. ... well i didn't. Its only a 1gb card, and for whatever reason it shows that i have 60gb in the folder.

Im super pissed at this time, not knowing what to do because the 2x is mounted as read only, so I cant delete the 60gb folder. I unmount the unit. Load up sterm and try to rm -rf * the contents. The folders permissions are read only (yes, even on the 2x). So now im very curious. So i goto the explorer and try to delete things from other folders, and I could.

So it appears the 60gb is the only folder that is read only to the 2x. On my computer, with ehci_hcd unloaded everything becomes readonly.

My system was working wonders before i did this. No unloading of modules was needed for it to mount. Im super super stumped on what to try because i dont have a card reader. Having it as readonly probably wont let me format either.

Any help would be much much appreciated.

--- sorry this is no help ---

bu anyways, got the same problem...
it works with winXP even if the attributes say its write-protected...
I got a 1GB Extremememorey... on linux it suddenly started mounting readonly too, I didnt unload anything, but its the same, I am using a cardreader so its no GP2X driver issue?

any help appreciated by me as well ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i got it working. Never took very long either, surprisingly.

I just loaded the 2x up on a windows xp box, and formatted it. On the xp box, the only folder that was read only was the 60gb one. All is well now :). or seems to be that way :p.

I still need to unload ehci_hcd, but thats my linux boxes problem i think.

Sounds like the card was either removed or the 2x was reset whilst there was still a lot of unwritten data in the file system cache. Why GPH don't force a sync after exiting the usb or explorer screen puzzles me.

Back