Reading Pdfs On The Gp2x

^^ too many formts IMHO

It would be great if the reader supported PDB ebooks. ;-)

iignotus posted on Oct 1 2005 at 08:33 PM said:
e-books are usally in Rich Text Formate.
E-books are usually in PDF format....

ok fine then <_<

But it is SUPER easy to just copy and paste your pdf ebook into a text editor and save it as RTF. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
reallynotnick posted on Oct 2 2005 at 09:37 AM said:

ok fine then <_<

But it is SUPER easy to just copy and paste your pdf ebook into a text editor and save it as RTF. B)

Multiply that action by 300+ and i'm sure you can see why a few of us might be hoping for PDF support.

jibegod posted on Oct 3 2005 at 02:15 AM said:
reallynotnick posted on Oct 2 2005 at 09:37 AM said:

ok fine then <_<

Multiply that action by 300+ and i'm sure you can see why a few of us might be hoping for PDF support.

You have 300 legal ebooks? I highly doubt it but I have been wrong before. <_<
Plus who has 300 books with them at once? Really I don't think that is much trouble, its going to take you like at least a week to read one book and it will take you 10-20 seconds to copy and paste. :rolleyes:

Maybe I am not understanding something here.

Well technically a lawyer might have 300 legal ebooks (yeah I know that's not what you meant but it ammused me. :)).

Actually both dr.s and lawyers might actually have a need for that many books for real but they usually have super expensive PDAs and PPCs for that sort of thing. I think what he meant though was copy/pasting each page, which isnt really neccesary as you should be able to copy the text in every page simultaneously...although I have to belive there has to be an easier way, the whole point in wanting a PDF reader is to not have to convert anything.

woogal posted on Oct 7 2005 at 09:57 AM said:
DJWillis isn't working on it, he was just testing it for theoddbot.

righto, was late last night, probably mis-understood him ;) be nice to have a good working PDF reader on it, mean I can read spec sheets and stuff on the train to/from work :) i love the 1hr 30mins per day i waste travelling :lol:

That used to be me. Now 10 minutes by foot!!!!

Sorry, pointless post...

woogal posted on Oct 7 2005 at 10:57 AM said:
DJWillis isn't working on it, he was just testing it for theoddbot.

Quite correct :D.

That said it runs ok, loads a 10Meg PDF (slowly) and seems to support some control from the console. It needs more work to do anything useful but its a great start.

Good work theoddbot.

Back