All Of Wikipedia On Pandora?

rmm21 said:
FYI, I recommend Aard Dictionary/Wikipedia offline viewer which works with quite a few OSs.

Nice! This looks fantastic.

Trying to build PyICU (depends on it) I fail though. "error: invalid command 'build_py'".

It should be able to find build_py.py in /usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/command/build_py.py but it does not.
I edited the pyicu setup.py (the linux2 paths).
I already set $PYTHONPATH to /usr/lib with no luck. sys.path does include /usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/command/

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
continuing work

Aw crap... I've been working on one too...

snapshot1c.png

go ahead, this thing used more supporting applications than I remembered, and it seems my python skills have deteriorated with unuse :/

Well, I'm rolling my own wikitext-to-xhtml converter, and the whole thing is written almost entirely in C, so... :p

Edit: By that I mean that it might take a while

If you are desperate like me about it, you can run aarddict with snuckie's Debian extend: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54651-debian-in-an-extend/
Use the 4GB one, install python-qt4, python-pyicu and some other things (see debian/controls in the aarddict source). Then just "python run.py" aarddict. It is pretty slow, I guess SD card speeds are to blame.

Back