Rebirth With Color Problems

Kumaki

OK, so my Rebirth has color problems. I know this is caused by the wire inside, but how do I fix this, or could anyone fix it for me?

If I have the game open a bit, I get the right colors...but open a bit more and i get color distortion, purple and green.

There are connectors on the inside of the pandora, which make the cable a drop in replacement. You can fix this yourself without any electronics knowledge, but it is a bit finicky. There are some video guides on how to do it out there, I think you can just try to search for it on youtube. Watch a video, so you can judge if you will be able to do it yourself. If it seems too hard, you can probably send you pandora in and have one of the resellers fix it. Link used to run the ithic.com webshop for US customers, you can contact him at link@ithic.com and maybe he has some cables left and can repair it for you as well.

I think the hardest part is trying to get a hold off a new lcd cable. A few people had some left to do repairs, but I am not sure if any are left at all.

EDIT: here is the video guide:

I think the hardest part is trying to get a hold off a new lcd cable.

Wasn't ED trying to purchase a new batch of LCD cables?

The best thing about the products from ED are his long lasting support and that is also the main reason why I buy from him. I understand that you cannot provide customer support endlessly but Pandora's LCD cables was and is a known problem.

well yeah, I think ED is going to try to get some more cables made, but when is that going to happen? All I have seen for months now is the vague intent to do so, but no cables. So I am sure at some point they will be available again, for a super short time until they are sold out again. but is kumaki supposed to send her pandora over to the EU to get it fixed while it is unclear if there will be new lcd cables? Thats why I think she should ask around first.

Without anyone providing LCD cables it can't be fixed anyway.
ED has other priorities and doesn't seem to have time anymore to answer support questions or PMs. His shop and Pyra are more important.

Not sure if it helps, but there is an option to connect a Pandora to a TV set with a TV out cable (those are still for sale)

I assume ED still has a few samples left over for repairs which is why he's in no rush especially to produce more.

Didn't ED mention he couldn't repair them anymore because he didn't have any left and was looking to produce a new batch because of that?

Well, the Gerber files, BOM and drawings are on the Wiki... I haven't looked into it but I guess sending that to a manufacturer is enough to have new ones made. I wonder what it would cost...

Well, the Gerber files, BOM and drawings are on the Wiki... I haven't looked into it but I guess sending that to a manufacturer is enough to have new ones made. I wonder what it would cost...

If it was very easy and/or cheap I think ED would have already done it, the first batch of cables were troublesome so quality also matters.

That said, if ED doesn't want to do it and someone else with experience in this field wants to make them I certainly want to buy a couple of them (depending on the price)

Do I remember hearing something about getting them done at the same time as the Pyra ones?

Back