[Rec] Best adventure games

Hi

The good old text adventures, I wasted many many hours on these years ago.

If you want to try these out if and never played any then you will not go wrong with

any from Infocom or Level 9 and Rainbird Software Ltd.

Most of them are legally available for you to grab online and play under Spectrum

and Amiga emulation.

Have fun, they can very very addictive :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

You are in a small room with a table a chair and a cupboard

against one wall, there is a door to the west.

What now :

Last edited by a moderator:

What now :

Code:
Open cupboard

What now :

Code:
Open cupboard
-----------------------------------------

You open the cupboard:

What Now :

You open the cupboard:

What Now :

Code:
Hide inside cupboard

EDIT: Okay, I think this is enough :D

Toonstruck:

You are as Drew Blanc (played by Christopher Lloyd) a cartoonist who gets sucked into a cartoon world.

There Count Nefarious is trying to make the land of Cutopia evil with his flying Malevolator.

You must collect the parts for the King's Cutifier in order to revert the damage, and save the world.

This was the first Adventure game I ever played, and still one of my favourites. :)

An Arcade in Cutopia (the Wacman machine is playable):

Zanydu, the hometown of your companion Flux Wildly:

The Malevolands, home of Count Nefarious:

Seconding Broken Sword as well!

Is this currently playable in DOSBox on the Pandora ?

hmm i don't get frotz to work on the pandora :( i try to load the .dat file and then nothing
According to its homepage, Gargoyle can play Frotz (and it's generally awesome: firstly, it can also handle unicode (such as german umlauts), secondly, it can play many formats and thirdly, it's named gargoyle)

http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Game/gargoyle_20100823.inf

I think I tried that and it didnt work aswell, also tried kronos also didnt work. The strange thing is the same file does work on my windows pc.

(maybe I should try to find the .z file instead of the .dat)

Is this currently playable in DOSBox on the Pandora ?
No need for DOSBox, we have a native player: Scummvm!

Toonstruck should be playable in Scummvm, mostly. The compatibility chart says it has occasional graphical glitches but they shouldn't interfere.

Broken Sword definitely plays in Scummvm.

@weevil I'm really looking forward to playing Future Wars but don't hold out much hope of spotting the tiny little glints that indicate there's something to pick up!

How are you finding it?

@weevil I'm really looking forward to playing Future Wars but don't hold out much hope of spotting the tiny little glints that indicate there's something to pick up!

How are you finding it?

It's been a while since I've played this game but if I remember correctly it hasn't been a big issue for me in this game. Just enjoy the story & game and if getting stuck really starts to ruin the fun... check a walkthrough :p

Btw anyone played Gemini Rue yet?

gargoyle works :) now its time for some bureaucracy :D

I heard good things about Bureaucracy, booted it up for the first time on the pandora.... it's wicked.

I couldn't get frotz to work, I ended up doing a quick compile from source while sat in the hospital.

When I learn some more bash scripting I will sort a frotz + scott adams combo as his games are shareware :D

What about the Sphinx Adventure on BBC Micro , it was bloody rubbish. Though did manage to finish it in one sitting (there was no save).

it was bloody rubbish
Hahaha. :lol: Isn't that kind of against the spirit of a recommendations thread, though?

I wonder if there's room on the forum for an ironic "recommendations" thread (quotes intentional) in that vein? :p

Some games are more fun to watch than to play :p

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7LreQM7cA

Started out in the 80's with Larry 1, Maniac Mansion for nes, and then rest of larry series, day of tentackle, Monkey island, 1, 2, 3. 7th guest, 11th Hour. more like puzzle adventure, Broken swords 1, 2. the kings quest series, particular kings quest 6.. all of them are good, alltho most of the sierra games are alike. so difficult to choose... I guess i enjoyed and played Monkey Island 2 the most

Right now enjoying 7th Guest on pandora with touch screen :D

Btw, theyr not making any good adventure games anymore?

Back