Received pandora!! (awesome machine some issues)

kingoddball

I have finally received my pandora!

I got the 1ghz. It states rebirth under (maybe they all do). It steadily runs at 1.2ghz, I set it to 1.3ghz with no crashes.

The OS doesn't seem slow, the slowest part is the SD (MY sd, not hardware).

But it feels "cheap". The big bulge on the bottom of LCD frame (saw this on a thread last week).

Case not sitting flush.

Nubs are flopping and right stopped going down for awhile until reset of hardware.

But still good!

The battery closure is terrible.

ebybydeb.jpg

It will not close properly.

Other than that... System seems to run ok. Give me some time to get used to it (and spare time) and I will start to port some of my old N900 software I made to it.

Mostly scripts.

As for emulation - PSX is seemingly flawless. Sega is awesome, N64 felt damn awesome!

I went through level one and two on goldeneye with no issue (sound stutter on The Facility level) and first level on perfect dark (seemed Slower than GE) but both are fully playable.

Got my 1Ghz and struggling to get some games going well on Mupen, namely Wave Race one of my fav games it wont start at first and goes to a frozen menu??? Lylat/starfox have white borders down the side and wont display full screen, any help anyone? Im using the newest Mupen with the new setting built in. Mario Kart runs well though, dissapointing compared to N64oid on my phone which runs awsome. I have android installed but N64oid is sluggish on that. Im sure my 1Ghz should do better....

My battery lid was like that but if you push the clip in with your finger it should clip closed!!

My 1 gig is awsome! Its just this emu, I was hoping it to be better..... its gotta be in the settings...

The games I tested were perfect (or seemed to run at highly playable rate [ignore sound]).

My battery compartment is closed, both tabs locked it.

It actually pops out without a battery, but much worse with battery in.

Mupen64Plus is sweet. I will try test Wave Race.

I didn't expect decent N64. My N900 @ 1.1ghz was terrible (over a year ago though).

Back