Redstar.co.jp

neko

I haz 300 posts
This seems to be a business that imports things and sells them within Japan, somewhat like ncsx and conics in the US.

Why is ED warning people about them, is there some evidence that it is a scam?

Neko said:
"Why I cannot tell they're scam when it comes to other items, I can tell you they haven't any deal with us about the Pandora, so please be careful."
- ED (in the blog post).

I think that means that they havent preordered any pandora's. Thus either its a scam or they will try to preorder pandoras as people order them from there, but that would mean that either it must be more expensive than getting them straight from the source (ED or craig), or they would need to have some deal with them, that they dont.
I dont personally understand that website (language and font display problem :p), so I dunno.

Last edited by a moderator:
urjaman said:
Neko said:
"Why I cannot tell they're scam when it comes to other items, I can tell you they haven't any deal with us about the Pandora, so please be careful."
- ED (in the blog post).

I think that means that they havent preordered any pandora's. Thus either its a scam or they will try to preorder pandoras as people order them from there, but that would mean that either it must be more expensive than getting them straight from the source (ED or craig), or they would need to have some deal with them, that they dont.
I dont personally understand that website (language and font display problem :p ), so I dunno.
That was my understanding from reading the machine translation as well, but it's unclear. Anyway it's probably cheaper for people in Japan to order direct, since they're adding a ¥15,000 markup.

Neko said:
This seems to be a business that imports things and sells them within Japan, somewhat like ncsx and conics in the US.

Because to OP Ltd's knowledge Redstar has neither worked out a deal with OP Ltd to acquire any sort of stock of Pandoras nor have they pre-ordered any through Craig or Ed's shop. They appear to just be taking people's money with a promise of delivery that they can't possibly currently fill.

Edit: ninjas

Tom` said:
urjaman said:
Neko said:
- ED (in the blog post).

I dont personally understand that website (language and font display problem :p ), so I dunno.
That was my understanding from reading the machine translation as well, but it's unclear. Anyway it's probably cheaper for people in Japan to order direct, since they're adding a ¥15,000 markup.
Since they're asking people to e-mail them if they are interested, that's probably what they are doing. ¥15,000 markup is kinda high, but if someone doesn't speak English well they're probably going to have a tough time figuring out Craig's ordering process.

Indeed. There's probably quite a few sites you can order Japanese and Chinese stuff from and have it shipped to you, if only you could figure out the language. Or buy from sites from those countries specifically geared at English speakers at a 5-10% premium.
Sounds not entirely unreasonable to me.

WizardStan said:
Indeed. There's probably quite a few sites you can order Japanese and Chinese stuff from and have it shipped to you, if only you could figure out the language. Or buy from sites from those countries specifically geared at English speakers at a 5-10% premium.
Yes, sites like rinkya, celga, and shoppingmalljapan do this.

Neko said:
WizardStan said:
¥15,000 is a lot more than 5-10%, though :p

Tom` said:
Neko said:
WizardStan said:
¥15,000 is a lot more than 5-10%, though :p
Aye, I misread, thought it was 1'500JPY, which is about $20: a little pricey but reasonable for the service of awareness and translating.

Well, according to them, they will carry the Pandora starting spring 2011, so they probably hope to aquire some stock until then.
Perhaps they're making a big preorder from batch 2?

Fishbong said:
Well, according to them, they will carry the Pandora starting spring 2011, so they probably hope to aquire some stock until then.
Perhaps they're making a big preorder from batch 2?

Maybe, but they should talk about that with us ;)
What would they do if we won't sell them more than 5 units, for example?

That's why I didn't say they are scam, just telling you to be careful, they have no deal with us so far.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
First things first: I'm sure you remember that I mentioned RedStar and that you should be careful buying from them?
Well, seems like they are no scam - as they contacted us and they have in fact three Pandoras preordered.
They just never told us they plan to resell them...

Back