Reflashing to tv-out only?

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
I need to reflash my unit - I've done that before, no problem.  However, I needed to remove the LCD connector on my mainboard (it was shorting out) turning my unit effectively into a TV-out only unit.

AIUI the TV-out only build of the OS has an extra option in the uboot loader, and boots up with TV out enabled by default.  I note the fullflash directory of the firmware folder on this website contains nowifi builds as well as the standard builds, but not tv-out only builds.  Is there some magic incantations I need to apply to turn a standard build into a tv-out build, or some other way of reflashing a tv-out only machine?

AIUI the TV-out only build of the OS has an extra option in the uboot loader, and boots up with TV out enabled by default.
There is no such thing, "tv-out only" build does not exist, the latest flasher turns on tv-out for everyone and that's it.

If you want reflash to start automatically, create autoboot.txt with something like

fatload mmc1 0 ${loadaddr} boot.scr
source ${loadaddr}

but you have to remember to remove SD card or it will do it on every reboot.

Ah, I run my OS from an SD card at present. I should probably go back to using the NAND at some point, but just for the time being I'd like to only fix one thing at a time if possible.

If I unpack 1.71 to my SD card, will it turn on TV out at boot?

Ah, I run my OS from an SD card at present. I should probably go back to using the NAND at some point, but just for the time being I'd like to only fix one thing at a time if possible.

If I unpack 1.71 to my SD card, will it turn on TV out at boot?
Yes. And it will ask you at the First Boot Wizard if it should be on as default when booting :)

Back