TV out cable mplayer problem

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
When I play a video in MPlayer on my TV, I get a ton of X11: BadAtom errors. Then if I try to play the video on the Pandora with TV-out disabled, it will play, but with no video, only audio. It appears as though using TV-out broke the video files I tried to play through it.

Panplayer It's good but there is a border on the right a small one.

You can't change a modes for aspect ratio like 4.3 and 16.9 widescreen,it's bit disappointing you can do all this smplayer and vlc.

Panplayer It's good but there is a border on the right a small one.

You can't change a modes for aspect ratio like 4.3 and 16.9 widescreen,it's bit disappointing you can do all this smplayer and vlc.
no....YOU can't, us other, we CAN change the aspect ratio, and we can also follow the simple instruction on pressing f twice to remove that border on the right side

If you mean pressing f twice on keyboard,it does not work.

I really don't like panplayer lacks many features of gnome,smplayer,vlc there are the best and panplayer does not play many formats,i really don't use it because it's useless,many of videos i have in my sd card they don't show up in panplayer,i can't really say this player is great with showing blank screen and also it can't be controlled with keyboard.

What formats does this player play?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm still having this problem. I just stopped using TV out for a while, but I want to know if there's a way to fix this in the MPlayer that's in the NAND. I did copy the mplayer executable from PanPlayer and replaced the one in the NAND with it. I like to be able to launch videos from Thunar.

Mean you the Panplayer2 PND from Repo?

I use often TV Out on the Pandora for my Youtube Videos.

What do you want exactly?

An option who stretch the Video to 16:9 Aspect Ratio?

The Main Problem i that the TV Out from the Pandora comes in 4:3 and a real 16:9 would be very difficult.

When you want can i search Mplayersettings for you where maybe help here.

But the black Boarders on left and right would not go away.

Maybe you have a zooming Function on your TV or stretch the Picture with a PC with TV Card on your TV ;)

or mean you that? maybe this Youtubevideo from me help a little.

Note that its recorded with acivated TV Out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQnClhK7XGw

Last edited by a moderator:
No no, I mean it still has the BadAtom error, and displays nothing. Unless I use -vo x11.

I can't reproduce your error...  are you using -vo omapfb like you should be??

Hmm on testing with omapfb myself.. I found some issues like it not initiating the driver when directly calling omapfb.. 

But then I dug up some old howto..  And now it seems to be launching and play properly. I'm not seeing any badAtom errors with or without using omapfb.

Code:
ofbset -fb /dev/fb1 -mem 2764800

mplayer -fs -vo omapfb YOURVIDEOFILE

Yes, that worked!

But I have to issue the ofbset often. Can I make it persistent?

I believe I have made the ofbset command part of my video file association. I also increase the screen gamma (/usr/pandora/scripts/op_gamma.sh 2.0) before playing the video and reset it back to normal once mplayer quits. The same commands are in my pre/post scripts for smplayer2 PND, but I don't think that's relevant to you since you play videos in Thunar.

Another suggestion is to run mplayer through nice, which makes it possible to watch videos and download new ones at the same time. You'd have to add nice to sudoers though, otherwise it'll annoy you with password entry on every video.

ugly looking way would be run both commands on the same line. 

ofbset -fb /dev/fb1 -mem 2764800 && mplayer -fs -vo omapfb YOURVIDEOFILE

cleaner way would be make a script that resides in /usr/bin 

Give it a file name like pand_mplayer and then give it executable permission : sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/pand_mplayer

#!/bin/sh

ofbset -fb /dev/fb1 -mem 2764800;
mplayer -fs -vo omapfb "$1"

then you could run it like 

pand_mplayer  YOURVIDEOFILE

Back