Release REICAST - Dreamcast Emulator

ptibseb do you plan to release a version with all your great recompiler optimisations soon? Could you include a way to disable audio for emulation?

There seems to be a hack, but a nice option would be cooler  :) :

If anyone wants to have a few extra fps in reicast and doesn't mind if there is no sound then play a short audio file when launching reicast... sound is disabled that way. There seems to be no frame limiter so some parts are very fast.
Another method of tying up the sound device on something less intensive than playing an audio file is type this in the command line: 

Code:
aplay
Normally you would specify an audio source or pipe one in.. but without it, it just ties up the audio device.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can try to add an option to launch without sound. I have to check if I can skip more data processing that just the OSS sound out (mixer for example).

You guys need a GHz bad boy for this Reicast thing :D

I'm off playing Shenmue for the 10001th time, but this time is on the Pandora in my comfy bed :D

Bye,

Shenmue
Damn! But it segfaulted when I walked to the dojo looking for Fuku San :( (Walking inside the house is alright, but just don't go out side, it's deadly for now :) )
Turn off dynarec and you wil be able to go outside... slooooooooow ;)

Update: leave dynarec on but turn off (0) dynarec.idleskip and unstable-opt!

Update 2: Hmm, works better with dynarec off :( .

You're right, with dynarec off, I was able to go outside, but I had to sleep and wait for the intro movie to finish which took an eternity :)

Is there a way to disable dynarec ingame like PCSX-ReArmed just to get pass that part and then turn it back on?

Ah!  Got it.  Not really nice way to do it since I'm no programmer, but I made Shenmue work now (i.e., go everywhere without a problem now) :)

What I did was run the game normally with dynarec on.  When I was ready to go outside, I saved the game right before I went outside.  I then quit Reicast, and DISABLED dynarec.  I reloaded the Shenmue and this time chose Continue which took be back to my last save.  I SLLLLLOOOWWWLY opened the door and SLLLLLOOOWWWLY went outside.  I then saved the game once I got outside. I then quit Reicast and ENABLED dynarec again.  Reloaded the game, chose Continue, and tada!  Shenmue was back to normal speed !  Yay!!!!!!! :)   Can't believe I'm reliving (at the moment before next segfault) my favorite game on the Pandora. :)

I'm a bit confused here. I'm trying to load Rayman 2. With certian BIOS/flash files, Reincast thinks its an audio disk, with others however, it just crashes. If it crashes, does that suggest that the games region was infact consistant with that of the BIOS files, but the emulator just couldn't run the game? And that if the .cdi is of a region not consistant with that defined in the BIOS, then it automatically assumes its an audio-disk?

- Rayman 2 : Very playable, nothing else to say (experienced with improvement : The textures are loaded correctly this time !)
Can I ask what region/version of Rayman 2 your using, and with what region BIOS/flash? As stated above, I'm unable to get mine working on the latest version of Reincast. I was orignally content with the PSX version, but after seeing gameplay of the Reincast version, I just can't look at the PSX version the same way. The Dreamcast version looks sooo much better graphically!

Again, sorry if this has already been mentioned. :(

Sorry for asking this, but I can't find the drivers in the repo:

How can I tell what gpu driver for the rebirth is currently running?

How can I change the gpu driver?

What is the best for reicast or it is game dependent?

What is the default driver for the rebirth, so I can restore it, when something went wrong?

As I recall, the default for the CC, Rebirth and GHz is all the same one, that is the one indicated as default by Notaz' script.

This may change in future, but as of today I believe that's the situation.

Do I *need* the udpated drivers to play the Reincast games? Because I'd rather not update, if it means breaking Mupen64. Because honestly, I'd play more N64 games than Reincast games, at least until the compatiblity list expands :)

Do I *need* the udpated drivers to play the Reincast games? Because I'd rather not update, if it means breaking Mupen64. Because honestly, I'd play more N64 games than Reincast games, at least until the compatiblity list expands :)
Newest version of Mupen has been updated to handle the new SGX version.

Check the build 13 notes in the information section of the repo: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=mupen64plus

Ah!  Got it.  Not really nice way to do it since I'm no programmer, but I made Shenmue work now (i.e., go everywhere without a problem now) :)

What I did was run the game normally with dynarec on.  When I was ready to go outside, I saved the game right before I went outside.  I then quit Reicast, and DISABLED dynarec.  I reloaded the Shenmue and this time chose Continue which took be back to my last save.  I SLLLLLOOOWWWLY opened the door and SLLLLLOOOWWWLY went outside.  I then saved the game once I got outside. I then quit Reicast and ENABLED dynarec again.  Reloaded the game, chose Continue, and tada!  Shenmue was back to normal speed !  Yay!!!!!!! :)   Can't believe I'm reliving (at the moment before next segfault) my favorite game on the Pandora. :)
Hi

After you go outside, do you return to your room to save the game and restart with dynarect on?

I did this with android(shield) build(compiled yesterday) and the game crash after i go out, no matter I go outside before with dynarect off...

thx

No, you don't need to go back to your room to save.  Press Y to bring up the menu and choose save.  Wait for the save to complete, quit Reicast, turn on dynarec, reload the game and choose Continue.

No, you don't need to go back to your room to save.  Press Y to bring up the menu and choose save.  Wait for the save to complete, quit Reicast, turn on dynarec, reload the game and choose Continue.
Thanks

It does work on android :)

With a few minor graphical glitches, Rayman 2 works really well on a 1ghz Pandora anyway

Back