Release REICAST - Dreamcast Emulator

Hi Guys

would be great,if REICAST could Play the homebrew games,like ASTERIX,Another World,Dream PacMan.......

all this CDIs do not work,till now.....

greetings Walter

GTA 2 works quite well ( a bit slow) on a rebirth @ 950 mhz with 365 ram/sys speed. This is the full version with 2 cops in a copcar not the playstation version which has less cops and stuff. And it has better graphics (more lightning etc) than the psx version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried Ikaruga, Sega GT, and Tokyo Extreme Racer on 1GHz with SGX 4.10 with no overclocking and, OMG!,  it runs so good (sound off of course).  Just wish the sound gets fixed since the speed are awesome on all my games so far.

The MAME CHD V4 format works with Reicast.

Change line 70 in runscript.sh to  CDFILE=`zenity --file-selection $OLDSELECT --file-filter=" "*.cdi" "*.chd" "*.gdi" "*.iso" "`  so CHD files show up in the browser.

You can convert GDI folders to the much smaller and singular CHD files using MAME's CHD manager (chdman.exe) version 145 - attached.

\>chdman.exe -createcd Skies1.gdi Skies1.chd

chdman - MAME Compressed Hunks of Data (CHD) manager 0.145 (Feb  5 2012)

CD-ROM Skies1.gdi has 3 tracks and 549150 total frames
Track 01/03 (track01.bin:0,775 frames,194 hunks,swap 0,pregap 0,postgap 0)
Track 02/03 (track02.raw:0,44225 frames,11057 hunks,swap 0,pregap 0,postgap 0)
Track 03/03 (track03.bin:0,504150 frames,126038 hunks,swap 0,pregap 0,postgap 0)

Compression complete ... final ratio = 43%
\>

Skies of Arcadia storage size is reduced from 1.1 GB to 726 MB for disc 1 and is reduced from 1.1 GB to 739 MB for disc 2.

Since they are now single files I can keep both disc images in the same folder. Playing the game seems identical.

Note: MAME moved to CHD V5 in version 146 and CHD V5 files do not seem to work with Reicast.

EDIT: Renamed attached chdman0145.zip to win32_chdman0145.zip.

EDIT2: Posted a Pandora native chdman here http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15211-reicast-dreamcast-emulator/?p=300979
That's a very nice tips! :)

Sonic Adventure has been working surprisingly well on 1GHz clocked to first 1.1 GHz then 1.2 GHz. 4.10 driver is a huge help. Sound stutters the majority of the time, but at 1.2 GHz there are areas/cut scenes with no stutter and running 100% for me. On average I'd put the speed at around 90%, but the sound generally stutters and probably 1/3 frames are dropped. Still highly playable and stable! So excited!

Edit: I will soon add this to the wiki too.

I dont wanna sound piggy, and I know it is something that happens in other machines that run REICAST

but will we ever get widescreen suport?

it would pretty sweet!!!

I dont wanna sound piggy, and I know it is something that happens in other machines that run REICAST

but will we ever get widescreen suport?

it would pretty sweet!!!
Not sure how it work, but there is an option int the config file.

I'm playing with the dynarec right now, I may take a look later at this...

I think some games did use wide screen, I think Crazy Taxi was one?

You can activate widescreen in the configfile. It seems to work.

Anybody tried Resident Evil: Code Veronica* yet? [Please post some videos]

*-This is the one+only game i would like to play on DC emulator..

Sonic Adventure 2 has many graphical defect. Objects tends to not appears.

Screenshot with current version:  sonic2.png.

Problem is with the Z coordinates, and a bug is open on github about this one...

I never knew Expendable was a Dreamcast game. I used to love that on the PC but always had trouble playing it on my system at the time.

Might need to but a second hand Dreamcast soon.

Very nice work guys. I look forward to seeing how far you can go with this emulator :)

EDIT: Just found out that Expendable Rearmed is available for Android too :D

Back