Release REICAST - Dreamcast Emulator

I would like that , something new to play around with, only if its not a big bother though Pitseb :)

sweet cant wait to try it, are there supposed to be speed improvements in the final r.7?

Ok, the release is on the repo. The build is from around mid-june... (don't worry, I'll update to more recent sources later).

build 12

-----------

• Updated sources

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I'm playing Skies of Arcadia and I find that framekip does not seem to make any difference, now is there any way to set a manual frame skip, it almost seems that a proper frameskip or manual frameskip could make this game (and maybe some others) actually very playable. We are soo close here :)

Ok so I'm playing Skies of Arcadia and I find that framekip does not seem to make any difference, now is there any way to set a manual frame skip, it almost seems that a proper frameskip or manual frameskip could make this game (and maybe some others) actually very playable. We are soo close here :)

The frameskip is automatic in reicast. Frame are constructed in a bufffer, and are dropped if lagging...

Im not sure what changes have been made with the newer versions of Reicast as Capcom vs Snk 2 still glitches sprites and Headhunter still crashes after the intro...

Im not sure what changes have been made with the newer versions of Reicast as Capcom vs Snk 2 still glitches sprites and Headhunter still crashes after the intro...

If you specific glitches / crashes, you can take a screenshot and open a bug ticket in the github.

I thought I had added a reply to this earlier, but it must not have posted for some unknown reason! Anyway, all I was going to add was that I read that indie retro platformer Volgarr the Viking has been seemingly unexpectedly released as freeware for the Dreamcast. I was wondering had anyone downloaded this and tried it on the current version of Reicast on the Pandora? I didn't get time to try this before work, but I will try later

I thought I had added a reply to this earlier, but it must not have posted for some unknown reason! Anyway, all I was going to add was that I read that indie retro platformer Volgarr the Viking has been seemingly unexpectedly released as freeware for the Dreamcast. I was wondering had anyone downloaded this and tried it on the current version of Reicast on the Pandora? I didn't get time to try this before work, but I will try later

Hi that works on the Ghz one.

Hi there. I am a recent owner of the Pandora. I have intalled Reicast, SGX 4.10 & overclocking at 1200. I own a 1ghz Pandora and my firmware is 1.72. I have installed a rom of bust a move (which I beleive could be supported by Reicast). I get the dreamcast screen but then can't start the game and get back to the pandora desktop. Any clue ?

Thank you for your help

Hi there. I am a recent owner of the Pandora. I have intalled Reicast, SGX 4.10 & overclocking at 1200. I own a 1ghz Pandora and my firmware is 1.72. I have installed a rom of bust a move (which I beleive could be supported by Reicast). I get the dreamcast screen but then can't start the game and get back to the pandora desktop. Any clue ?

Thank you for your help

I tried another ISO and everything is working fine ! Thank you for this awesome emulator !

Thank you sir!  I will try it soon!

Edit:  Just tried couple matches of Mavel vs. Capcom.  Seems to run faster.  Goo job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried it out. Definitely seems faster. The joystick doesn't seem to be working quite right in Sonic Adventure. It is almost as if at a certain point holding at max in one direction, position drifts to zero so the character stops moving. Any chance this is related to the switch to SDL2?

Back