Release date estimate

1313Q

Still Fresh
Hello, I'm curious if there is any kind of rough estimate for release dates.

I will be traveling for a long time beginning in November, and lasting until mid next year. I almost certainly won't be able to have it delivered to me when I am traveling, and if I have it delivered to myself in certain countries, the tariff will be prohibitively expensive. (I payed over 250 dollars in extra taxesto have an OpenPandora delivered to China a couple of years ago).

Obviously I would like to have the Pyra before I leave, so I can use it as I travel (it will be much easier than carrying my 15.6 inch laptop everywhere with me). I know there is no official release date, and it is a difficult to pin down time.

What I would like to know is if Evil Dragon or anyone else in the know can give me a rough estimate of a release time.

I've done some research but haven't turned up much.

Anyone with any information is welcome to share anything about estimated release dates/months.

Thanks!

If no information has turned up then nobody knows. A ballpark figure would be mid nov - late nov though I reckon.

I asked ED this very same question in person the other day, and his answer was "2016". I thought that was a very fair and honest answer. :)

So make alternative plans for your trip, you are not getting the Pyra before you leave.

Well aiming and hitting are two different things...

Well aiming and hitting are two different things...
And there are many factors that can get in the way of hitting where you are aiming. Pyra production seems far more complicated than marksmanship from my perspective.

And there are many factors that can get in the way of hitting where you are aiming. Pyra production seems far more complicated than marksmanship from my perspective.
In either case the basics are simple, perfection is very very difficult. Shooting MoA groups at 1 KM and minor mass producing a high quality pocketable do it all computer both take some serious planning to pull off.

Maybe like marksmanship where the target is on the other side of a main street and you have to hit it while avoiding to hit all the cars and people in between.

Something tells me that those that are shooting across a main street in an urban area are trying to hit the cars or people.

Shooting MoA groups at 1 KM and minor mass producing a high quality pocketable do it all computer both take some serious planning to pull off.
That was really difficult to read! What is "MoA"? I couldn't figure out by searching the Internet.

That was really difficult to read! What is "MoA"? I couldn't figure out by searching the Internet.
Minnute of Angle. It is a method to determine precision over distance. At 1KM it's a grouping of 3+ shots inside of about 25cm.

Minnute of Angle. It is a method to determine precision over distance. At 1KM it's a grouping of 3+ shots inside of about 25cm.
That seems like a rather specific way of defining a /Winkelminute/... Thanks, the acronym was the problem. Common everyday acronyms can be like ancient hieroglyphs to non-native speakers, especially when there are several other things that share that same acronym. In international communication you should always define these the first time they're used (SVP), else you may be misunderstood, or not understood, and none of your conversational partners may ask for clarification. MfG

That seems like a rather specific way of defining a /Winkelminute/... Thanks, the acronym was the problem. Common everyday acronyms can be like ancient hieroglyphs to non-native speakers, especially when there are several other things that share that same acronym. In international communication you should always define these the first time they're used (SVP), else you may be misunderstood, or not understood, and none of your conversational partners may ask for clarification. MfG

Or you could have searched, "MoA marksmanship," or "MoA shooting" to put it in appropriate context for your search engine. No worries.

Or you could have searched, "MoA marksmanship," or "MoA shooting" to put it in appropriate context for your search engine. No worries.
I just did as you asked and got lots of stuff about "mil", "yards" and "inches". Propably some strange ancient measurement system.

Last edited:
Back