Removing Pandora Paint, Best Paint to Go Back On?

I don't know if this helps at all, but I just discovered an interesting tip on removing paint from keychain LCD games without damaging the plastic underneath, and it might also apply to the Pandora's casing: A sonic toothbrush head (not one you'll be using on your teeth, of course!), plus tooth polish, apparently works for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tooth polish? Interesting method, sounds like a paste equivalent of fine grit sandpaper. Something like a Sonicare toothbrush?

That's my understanding of it, yes. This was where I stumbled across that tip. A second mention of it here clarifies the type of tooth polish that was used.

I don't know if the paint and plastic on the Pandora are of the same sort, and thus I don't know whether they'd come out the same, but I suppose if you tested it on a little spot on, say, the battery cover, where it's out of sight, you might be able to confirm that. :p

That's my understanding of it, yes. This was where I stumbled across that tip. A second mention of it here clarifies the type of tooth polish that was used.

I don't know if the paint and plastic on the Pandora are of the same sort, and thus I don't know whether they'd come out the same, but I suppose if you tested it on a little spot on, say, the battery cover, where it's out of sight, you might be able to confirm that. :p
Very bad idea, it biodegrades. ;)

Erm... are you referring to the tooth polish? If so I'm wondering why this would be an issue, since the intended use in this context is as a cleaning agent to remove the paint... it doesn't need to be be there long enough to degrade.

... or am I missing something?

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:

Erm... are you referring to the tooth polish? If so I'm wondering why this would be an issue, since the intended use in this context is as a cleaning agent to remove the paint... it doesn't need to be be there long enough to degrade.

... or am I missing something?

- Neelix
You cannot believe every tidbit of info you read on the internet. Tooth polish is a reactionary substance on a mineral[ on yes you got it] enamel/teeth. it is not mean't to be brushed on any other plastic or rubber but rather ceramics in moderation [crown &bridge work]. Even dentures = acrylics is contraindicated. Doing so can not only cause erosion but biodegrade and alter molecular structure in a negative ionic way so to speak. Kind of like using wet grits to remove canvas paint. :D

Last edited:
So the short answer of it is "don't use tooth polish to remove paint from your Pandora"? :p

I would think Tooth Polish would take hours of manually polishing to remove anything if anything at all.

I would think an extremely fine grit sandpaper would do the trick.

I'm leaning more and more toward the sandpaper option as this thread goes on, though I haven't been able to try out that cleaning spray yet (I knew there was something I forgot to buy from the market). If worse comes to worse, I'll just sand the logo off and come up with another way to put on another one.

Back