removing sd card safely

Dafuq

Still Fresh
Is there any way to remove the SD Cards safely out of my OP? Because everytime I put them back in my OP all the setting (for example of mupen64) are set back to normal.

as a general rule Make sure no program is accessing the sdcard whenever you remove it.the light on the pandora flashes i think when its reading a card and such.

also there could be appdata from an old version of mupen on your card this could effect the new version of mupen. if so delete the mupen folder in pandora/appdata.

Otherwise you might have corrupted the card. Transfer the software you have on there to your pc. Format the card with panasonic sd card formatter and then put the software back on your sd card. Sd cards are finicky things i find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incidentally the pandora has some quirks but you will get used to them. All in all it is a reliable little device.

When in doubt do a re-flash.usually solve any strange issues. Hard reset is useful for reseting the pandora if some emulator or such locks up.hold pandora button and press the power switch to the left, or is that to the right, i dont remember. Ctrl and escape very useful too. generally speaking its a reliable beast though. I and others have been through all this stuff before so much of its not new to us or problematic anymore. Just keep asking and we can help with any queries you have.

okay I will delete the mupen folder and re-flash  :)

hope it works !

Absolutely certainly safe and simple sd card removal: shutdown the pandora (dont hibernate), remove card.

In other tips: If you just want the data written to the card and can use Terminal, say "sync" to flush changes to disk. You can also try unmounting the card (all partitions if multi-partition card) to see if it is safe to remove (sudo umount /media/<NAME>).

Also, dont remove cards while the pandora is hibernated.

I think our current flush timer is like 5s or less, so it should be safe to just close everything that uses the card, wait >5s (and until the card activity led no longer flashes) and remove the card.

If you still have problems with the card, it might be that the card filesystem is broken (unclean ejects?) or something else wrong with the card...

You can try chkdsk (or the graphical equivalent, or dosfsck on a linux pc) it on windows if it a FAT card.

The current kernel doesnt even check for the read-only lock (was buggy on some units) and unless the card is in someway special then read-only is a software feature that we dont implement currently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Read-only_cards

"The presence of a notch, and the presence and position of a tab, have no effect on the SD card's operation. A host device that supports write protection should refuse to write to an SD card that is designated read-only in this way. Some host devices do not support write protection, which is an optional feature of the SD specification. Drivers and devices that do obey a read-only indication may give the user a way to override it."

Back